Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of the name BFG but it's classy, and while Slammiversary was great this year, Slammiversary sounds like a generic wrestling game and I don't think it's a great time of year for the biggest PPV.

BFG is and has been the place for the big storylines, feuds, and matches, so until that changes, it's not.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
it did feel like their wrestlemania, the way they were promoting it for 10 years, and the hall of fame thingy, it wasn't until dixie said that stings formal induction will take place at bfg that i realize that tna is still reconginzing bfg as their wrestlemania, o well,

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I really think it SHOULD be their major event

Bound For Glory for me sounds from the name as being a Royal Rumble type event

I actually think they should swap Lockdown and Bound For Glory and have BFG be the pre curser to Slammy

·
Registered
10,333 Posts
No because you can sell BFG and Slam as big ppvs because of the order. If Slam was looked at at the biggest ppv then no one would care or consider BFG a big deal.Bound for glory is a legit name for Bound for gold championships.Its legit for starting ending big feuds and having the World title the most important.Slam comes off as amazing history event. Keep it that way.Slam is a way to reflex on the company when BFG is a way to reflex on Championships.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Bound for Glory is the perfect name for the biggest PPV of the year for TNA, the name is what TNA is looking for, glory and success.

·
Banned
911 Posts
Don't you think so your thoughts.
no!

1. dixie said way back at the start of 3 hr ppvs that

TNA LOCKDOWN IS PPV 2
BFG IS # 1
AND Slammiversary Is 3 .so not just is it not ppv 1 but hell its not ppv 2 it 3.BFG is the top show in TNA.Deal with it!

Slammiversary was great this year, the biggest PPV its not and thats good.

BFG is and has been the place for the big storylines, feuds, and matches.

THINK ABOUT IT.
1. NOW the hall of fame is the Saterday be for BFG.
2. big storylines, feuds, and matches.
3. dixie said SO AND SHE IS lAW at TNA
4.Slam is a way to reflex on the company when BFG is a way to reflex on Championships.
5. Bound for Glory PPV series

·
Registered
758 Posts
Like others have said, I actually really like the BFG name. A lot more than Slammi anyway.

Plus, the way they're seemingly building up BFG, with the series and official HoF induction will make the PPV seem like a huge deal.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
They need to cut down the number of PPV's for start, but BFG needs to remain the biggest show [storyline wize].

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Some you are really going overboard with all this Slammi euphoria...

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Some you are really going overboard with all this Slammi euphoria...
Not really.

Rarely do TNA fans get moments like last night, in a great arena with a great crowd, where the show delivers and the PPV makes TNA 'feel' bigtime.

When you are used to the impact zone moments like last night need celebrating.

Thats why some might be over-exaggerating it.

As for the thread, I like the BFG name and it should stay 'TNA's Wrestlemania'.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I rather have 6 PPVs a year and have them all be WM worthy, or atleast have TNA look at them all equally (in different ways.) I hate that there is a PPV that is held with much more regard then others, it should happen organically. You don't see UFC with one special PPV a year, they take whatever cards their dealt. Same goes for boxing.

But yeah, Slammiversary in itself is an awesome name for a PPV the way Wrestlemania is. BoundForGlory is not as self descriptive.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I rather have 6 PPVs a year and have them all be WM worthy, or atleast have TNA look at them all equally (in different ways.) I hate that there is a PPV that is held with much more regard then others, it should happen organically. You don't see UFC with one special PPV a year, they take whatever cards their dealt. Same goes for boxing.

But yeah, Slammiversary in itself is an awesome name for a PPV the way Wrestlemania is. BoundForGlory is not as self descriptive.
Pretty much this. There doesn't have to be one show thats bigger than the rest. They should all be a big deal giving us fans good shows throughout the year.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
It really should be their main PPV and I've been saying that for years. Better name than BFG, not a gimmick like LockDown and the name actually means something as it's celebrating the companies anniversary which should be a big deal every year.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
I always thought that Slammiversary should be their Wrestlemania rather than just being a show which can be liked to maybe Royal Rumble in stature. I guess once they start inducting people into their Hall of Fame @ Bound for Glory then it will feel more like it's Wrestlemania.

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
I really think it SHOULD be their major event

Bound For Glory for me sounds from the name as being a Royal Rumble type event

I actually think they should swap Lockdown and Bound For Glory and have BFG be the pre curser to Slammy
Agreed.

Bound for Glory = Royal Rumble
Slammiversary = Wrestlemania

Have the #1 Contender to the World Title be determined at Bound for Glory. It just sounds right, Slammiversary sounds more prestigious and Bound for Glory sounds like...well, you're heading to glory (Slammi) but you aren't there yet.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts