Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was weak!
They're going to end it with another beer bottle to the head? That seemed really lame and anticlimactic in my opinion, I thought they were building the whole match up to something better, but it didn't quite get there.
Awesome match, but it didn't get to the next gear until after the match. Would've liked to have seen Sting win it too.

(Also, they had ten minutes left after the match? They could've finished it out then.)

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Yeah it wasnt the best, and I was hoping for Jarrett to come back and cost Sting the match, but it didnt really affect what was overall a great PPV.

Glad Roode retained though.

·
Fire, walk with me
8,000 Posts
It was fine.

They spent the entire night building Sting up as the legend and first HOF'er so they could hardly end it with him eating a clean pin. The beer bottle is a nice touch as it points to Storm, and it fits with Roode's entire reign as champion. He wins however he can, look at the Hardy and Storm matches. He's gotten a few clean wins along the way to help solidfy him (AJ) but overall these sorts of finishes fit with his reign and it keeps Sting looking fine if they want to go down the rematch route which I'd probably prefer to a Roode/Anderson program in all fairness.

I really liked how the Scorpion Deathlock was used in the match too, was a really nice touch considering Roode had tapped to it twice. Really built the fear of it well and showed his determination not to tap when he had it locked in the middle of the ring like the last two weeks.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
The finish works, sting couldn't go over and at the same time had to be protected.

So from what it was, it felt right.

·
Registered
284 Posts
was weak!
They're going to end it with another beer bottle to the head? That seemed really lame and anticlimactic in my opinion, I thought they were building the whole match up to something better, but it didn't quite get there.
Awesome match, but it didn't get to the next gear until after the match. Would've liked to have seen Sting win it too.

(Also, they had ten minutes left after the match? They could've finished it out then.)
It shows that a heel will win at all cost, and they had around 5 minutes left not ten

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
I realise Bobby Roode has not been booked like a world beater, but this is one complaint in wrestling that is really weird to me. Roode won with perfectly fine heel tactics. When it reaches Miz levels (Two run ins from a lackey, and a heel faction run in, eg. his match with Orton at the Rumble in 2011) then it's an issue, but a dude using a weapon to beat a top babyface is not something to get angry about. And the post match angle was not only a cool spot but sent the fans home happy. Roode is booked just fine.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
It was fine.

They spent the entire night building Sting up as the legend and first HOF'er so they could hardly end it with him eating a clean pin.
Why not?? Would have done more good for Roode then harm for Sting.
This could have been The moment for Roode. But instead another cheap victory to his cheap title reign. He has yet to have that one big win to put him over as a top guy. Remember when Triple H went over Foley at the Rumble?? This could have been Roode´s moment. There wont be a more perfect setting. They blew it.

There is zero reason to protect Sting.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
The crowd would eat TNA alive if sting lost clean to roode, this is a great way to protect sting and then use him to put a face over like Austin Aries at BFG.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
The crowd would eat TNA alive if sting lost clean to roode, this is a great way to protect sting and then use him to put a face over like Austin Aries at BFG.
You mean the crowd would have eaten Roode alive?? Works for me.
It was the perfect set up. The whole PPV was a tribute to Sting, the first Hall of Famer, No 1 moment in company history, and imagine Roode beating him in a very competitive match and afterwards continue his assault on Sting while the crowd booed. Would have put over Roode HUGE. They wont get that chance again with him.

Sure didnt help AJ Styles so I doubt it would work with Aries. Also think Aries has too much of a hard hitting style to go up against Sting. Dont wanna see him hold back on the biggest PPV of the year.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
It would be a dick move by TNA to do that right after the HOF thing.

Sting vs AJ Styles made styles look credible but then they took a dump over it with RVD and the whole 2010 BS.

So if they keep booking AA like they are, sting vs AA can be a huge match.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The ending was a classic heel beating a babyface, just not overly original. The bit I didn't like was the clearly loud and obvious audible after the Scorpion Death Drop from the stage. But didn't take anything away from a decent PPV.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Why not?? Would have done more good for Roode then harm for Sting.
This could have been The moment for Roode. But instead another cheap victory to his cheap title reign. He has yet to have that one big win to put him over as a top guy. Remember when Triple H went over Foley at the Rumble?? This could have been Roode´s moment. There wont be a more perfect setting. They blew it.

There is zero reason to protect Sting.
This.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
You mean the crowd would have eaten Roode alive?? Works for me.
It was the perfect set up. The whole PPV was a tribute to Sting, the first Hall of Famer, No 1 moment in company history, and imagine Roode beating him in a very competitive match and afterwards continue his assault on Sting while the crowd booed. Would have put over Roode HUGE. They wont get that chance again with him.
That heel heat would have been freaking great for Roode. Storm running out and chasing off Bobby while he beats down Sting, then the show goes off the air with Roode on the ramp staring down Storm in the ring.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Roode cheating to beat the legend Sting who just got put into the HOF/ got the top moment in TNA history/ Gave a heart felt promo in the middle of the show , gets him more over as a heel then pinning Sting clean ever would.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Roode cheating to beat the legend Sting who just got put into the HOF/ got the top moment in TNA history/ Gave a heart felt promo in the middle of the show , gets him more over as a heel then pinning Sting clean ever would.
How? How did Roode grow after this match?? The PPV ended with Sting getting cheered. I dont see how it wouldnt have been more effective for Roode to beat him clean and then just beat the shit out of Sting. It doesnt hurt Sting either since he can put up a good fight.

I still think most people can agree that Roode is missing that big time match to put him over as a legit guy. Every wrestler has it at one point or another. Or atleast should.
Both Roode and CM Punk in their current reign needs it. Neither have gotten it. Last night was the Perfect chance for TNA to pull it off.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I would have liked to have seen him beat Sting clean and without all the post match stuff

BUT

They are telling one hell of a story with this, I almost guarantee Storm is beating Roode at BFG by hitting him in the head with a beer bottle

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
How? How did Roode grow after this match?? The PPV ended with Sting getting cheered. I dont see how it wouldnt have been more effective for Roode to beat him clean and then just beat the shit out of Sting. It doesnt hurt Sting either since he can put up a good fight.

I still think most people can agree that Roode is missing that big time match to put him over as a legit guy. Every wrestler has it at one point or another. Or atleast should.
Both Roode and CM Punk in their current reign needs it. Neither have gotten it. Last night was the Perfect chance for TNA to pull it off.
Thats the whole point of heels , to help your faces become popular.

People may cheer for a badass who beats people up , but they will never cheer for a cowardly chickenshit heel.

Roode is TNA's JBL.

·
STEVALD
4,053 Posts
was weak!

This is the awesomest thing about the IWC (even I'm in). We find a reason to criticize one of the best PPVs the company had to offer.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts