Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. Sting vs. Roode:
Pros: This is a chance for Sting to put over Roode.
Cons: This is going to be their 3rd match with their first two being gimmick matches.I'm sorry but wouldn't it be smarter to have the regular match first, then have the gimmick matches as the feud gets more personal?That's just me.
2. Angle & Styles vs. Daniels & Kaz:
Pros: 4 of TNA's best wrestlers are in this match.
Cons: I don't see either team as a real tag team, I feel AJ and Angle are above this, and the AJ vs. Daniels & Kaz well has run dry.
3. RVD vs. Hardy vs. Anderson:
Pros: Arguably 3 of TNA's biggest names are in this match.
Cons: I just wish they didn't give this match away on free tv like they did not too long ago.
4. Tessmacher vs. Kim:
Pros: None
Cons: I feel the challenger's spot should of been given to someone fresh and who's a better wrestler than Tessmacher (who IS improving).Someone like Angelina Love or Sarita should of been in this spot.
5. Bully Ray vs. Park:
Pros: None for me
Cons: Since Park is kayfabe not a wrestler I expect him to perform like a non wrestler.Unless of course he pulls the ol' switcheroo and performs as Abyss.Even then, who cares when we just got a Monster's Ball between Bully Ray and Abyss earlier this year.
6. Samoa Joe vs. Austin Aries:
Pros: I think this COULD easily be the MOTN depending on how much time they give it and how they book it which is something I'm always worried about with TNA.
Cons: None
7. The Robbies vs. Devon & Garrett:
Pros: None whatsoever.
Cons: Most people if any don't give a crap about these 4 guys (well I like Robbie E) and with the exception of Devon, nobody in this match can wrestle.Yes, I know I said I like Robbie E but the guy sucks in the ring.Other than that, I love the guy.In conclusion, this match is a COMPLETE waste of a ppv spot.
8. Crimson's Open Challenge:
Pros: This is a chance for a returning or debuting wrestler making this match one of the most intriguing.
Cons: None.
9. Kash vs. Hernandez:
Pros: I like both guys.
Cons: This has to be the most randomest match in mainstream wrestling ppv history.These two guys haven't been seen on tv for what feels like months, have no prior history with eachother, and seemingly are fighting over nothing.This is an even bigger waste of a ppv spot than the Robbies/Devon & Garrett match and that's saying something.I wish this spot could of gone to something like an all-star battle royal between past and present TNA stars to commemorate TNA's 10th anniversary.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Main Event
match shoul'd been the King of the Mountain match..

Angle & Styles vs. Daniels & Kaz
need to get some good time

Samoa Joe vs. Austin Aries
should be a decent match

RVD vs. Hardy vs. Anderson
The crowdis going to help this match

·
Finally...
5,933 Posts
I agree on mostly everything except for the following 2
SeanWrestling said:
1)Bully Ray v Joesph Park: Pros: None for me

2)Angle & Styles vs. Daniels & Kaz: Cons: I don't see either team as a real tag team, I feel AJ and Angle are above this, and the AJ vs. Daniels & Kaz well has run dry.
1)I mean how can you have no pros for the Bully Ray/Park match its one of the best feuds tna has done in a while and as you said if the do the switch with joesph and Abyss and have it be Bully Ray v Abyss that could be a great match just like the one they had at Genesis

2)While I agree with you about Aj and Angle...I personally think the team of Kaz/Daniels have and still are great expecially scene they can both make anybody look good which I think we might have a case of this in the future were where gonna have to relie on Kaz/Daniel to make other randomly put together tag teams look anyway good in there matches together

Anyway I think the rest of the card is pretty decent except of the last 2 matches which I hope are pre show matches :)...I knew they worent gonna do a KotM match so I dont really care because even tho we have seen Roode/Sting before it should be pretty good and obviously Aries/Joe is gonna be MotN :D

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
sting vs roode

pros-sting will put over roode in main event
cons-we seen this match b4 and i can see jarrett returning causing sting to lose

aj and angle vs kaz and daniels

pros-will prbably be motn
cons-stupid storyline involved in this with aj/dixie

anderson vs rvd vs hardy

pros-not much
cons-these guys have been too involved with eachother. pretty bored with them.

joe vs aries

pros-another motn candidate thats hopefully given time.
cons-not much build, tho joes video from the other day has me excited for the match now. and x division title not being on the line sucks

gail vs tessmacher

pros-could be big for tessmacher to win in home town
cons-could of had better match choice

ray vs park

pros-1 of the best storylines goin and rays reaction when parks reveals he is really abyss should be great lol
cons-every1 knows what to expect but other then that none

crimson's open challenge
pros-maybe a surprising debut or return that will get people excited
cons-maybe no surprise at all and end up being eric young

robbie e and t vs garret and devon

pros-0, none, nothing.
cons-the fact that this match is taking place while sabin, magnus, and mickie is a complete joke. the 4 most boring, least talented wrestlers.

kash vs hernandez

pros- kash is good but thats it
cons-match came out of nowhere, both are heels, and i cant see how this is on ppv, i think it will just be b4 the ppv.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Sting vs. Roode

Pros: This is there chance for Sting to put over Roode on the big stage, and of course it could lead to the big return of James Storm to end the pay-per-view on an intriguing note.

Cons: If Sting goes over here on this kind of stage after the reign that Roode has had, it will undo all of the good TNA has done since Bound for Glory with their world title.

Angle & Styles vs. Daniels & Kaz

Pros: This features four of TNA's best talents, three of which are on my list of all time favorites. It will be an awesome match, and this cheesy story has somehow been told very well.

Cons: I sense an overbooked ending, since this storyline seems destined to hit a wall. I hope they prove me wrong.

RVD vs. Hardy vs. Anderson

Pros: Three big names that will lift the crowd. Also, either Hardy or RVD can get a big win without the expense of a TNA original. Also, I wouldn't be shocked to see Anderson or RVD turn here.

Cons: I don't expect much out of this. Hardy and RVD have decent chemistry, but that's about it. I'd also rather see this guys merged into the main event to bring back the King of the Mountain for the tenth anniversary, where their strengths would be more prominent.

Tessmacher vs. Kim

Pros: Kim will probably retain. Tessmacher has improved.

Cons: Tara, Mickie, Sky and Sarita aren't on the card. Also, Tessmacher could win... oh God.

Bully Ray vs. Park

Pros: Interesting angle. Bully Ray is awesome.

Cons: See what the OP said.

Samoa Joe vs. Austin Aries

Pros: Two of my all time favorites in their first program in TNA. Probably will be MOTN.

Cons: What does this mean for Magnus and the very thin tag division?

The Robbies vs. Devon & Garrett

Pros: All the rotten eggs are in one basket. Also, Devon can hopefully finally move past the Robbies (who are entertaining, mind you, but should be with EY on his spot on the card).

Cons: While I don't hate Garrett as much as many other people, he shouldn't be the focus of the TV title or the Madison Rayne angle when we have awesome talents like Douglas Williams and D'Angelo Dinero completely MIA.

Crimson's Open Challenge

Pros: What the OP said. We could see a Rhino or Raven make an appearance. We could get Chris Sabin or Williams on the card. We could get a new talent like Masters, or maybe Joey Ryan can use this as his "in". Maybe Matt Morgan will return and possibly even bring an end to Crimson's streak.

Cons: Could be a huge disappointment... and honestly probably will..

Kash vs. Hernandez

Pros: Kash deserves to be featured. Also, I can see this having something to do with King Mo considering Kash's MMA endeavors.

Cons: So incredibly random! These guys have been off TV for longer than most. Where's EY? Sabin? You let Shelley go, but you're promoting this? What the hell? Williams is off TV? If this isn't about King Mo then this is just baffling booking, really. I hope it's not just the start of some random monster push for Hernandez.

Hall of Fame

Pros: Might see Raven or (most likely) Jeff Jarrett get inducted.

Cons: Might be given to someone like Hogan.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Tons of cons. The biggest is that this is TNA's 10th anniversary show and NOTHING on it feels big. The WHC match is a match that has happened on free TV on more then on occasion, including just a few days ago. Hernandez/Kash is random. Robbies vs. Devon/Bischoff is completely unwarranted. Just very underwhelming.

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
1. Sting vs. Roode:
-- If Roode wins, the last two weeks made the conclusion totally predictable
---- If Sting wins, both the pushes of Roode and Storm meant nothing
- Expecting a overbooked and/or WTF finish
2. Angle & Styles vs. Daniels & Kaz:
----- The well is dry between AJ & DanKaz
----- The AJ-Dixie bit is utter crap
- It feels like Angle should be above this
3. RVD vs. Hardy vs. Anderson:
-- All three are overexposed
---- And you can tell none of them give a shit
4. Tessmacher vs. Kim:
--- Filler
5. Bully Ray vs. Park:
--- Feels more like filler than an actual fued
6. Samoa Joe vs. Austin Aries:
+++ Could be MOTN
- If only by default
--- And if Joe acts like he gives a shit
7. The Robbies vs. Devon & Garrett:
----- No, just no
----- Garrett's here while guys like Sabin and Pope do nothing...
8. Crimson's Open Challenge:
+ Will this boring streak end?
-- Bet on it being the usual underwhelming shit as always
9. Kash vs. Hernandez:
--- If this isn't dark match, then TNA is officially run by morons

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
main event, sigh its like Fall Brawl all over again
2.why is kurt still there?
3.these 3 need to retire
4. DESTROY HER GAIL!!!
5. Either take off the mask or just go away
6. the Era of Joe is not coming back, Ares is movin on up
7. this is why i hate mainstream wrestling
8. Crimson has little potential to be the best in any area so why bother?
9.both of these could have main evented long ago, but now they are almost useless

1 - 8 of 8 Posts