Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Axe BOMBAH~!
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.tnasylum.com/2015/03/tna-news-briefs-march-2015.html

http://www.challenge.co.uk/wrestling/tna-2015-ppv-tv-dates-announced-by-challenge.html

TNA One Night Only: Turning Point
UK Premiere: 14 January

TNA One Night Only: Rivals
UK Premiere: 11th February

TNA One Night Only: Jokers Wild 3
UK Premiere: 11th March

TNA One Night Only: Hardcore Justice
UK Premiere: 15th April

TNA One Night Only: X Division Xtravaganza
UK Premiere: 13th May

TNA Slammiversary
UK Premiere: TBC

TNA One Night Only: Event Title TBC
UK Premiere: 15th July

UK Premiere: 12th August

UK Premiere: 9th September

TNA Bound For Glory
UK Premiere: TBC

UK Premiere: 11th November

UK Premiere: 9th December

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
misleading thread title

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
Quick question. Does anybody actually watch the One Night Only shows? I don't know a soul that checks them out.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
Quick question. Does anybody actually watch the One Night Only shows? I don't know a soul that checks them out.
Usually watch them when they show up online. More out of a habit to grab new wrestling than expecting anything good out of the shows.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I haven't seen a single ONO show yet. I still have yet to watch Slammiversary from last year and it's just sitting on my media drive collecting proverbial dust. Same with BFG from Japan.

Pretty telling, as I binged on NJPW for about 2 weeks straight and could find time for Nitro marathons on WWE Network on top of regular WWE programming and some light Lucha Underground. I'm not compelled to check out the ONO's because they're stand alone shows. I can watch them literally whenever and they have zero impact (no pun intended) on TNA. They're the definition of "throw away" and are treated as such.

If TNA has some kind of on demand service with a monthly fee, I'd bite. That's about the only way I keep up with wrestling these days lol. Awesome problem to have. Too much wrestling.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I haven't seen a single ONO show yet. I still have yet to watch Slammiversary from last year and it's just sitting on my media drive collecting proverbial dust. Same with BFG from Japan.
Last year's Slammiversary was a pretty fun show IMO. There were not great matches, but a bunch of good ones in front of a hot crowd. I'm pretty sure it was TNA's biggest non-UK attendance for 2014, by far. The X-title ladder match, Samoa Joe vs Bobby Lashley, Austin Aries vs Kenny King and EC3 vs Bully Ray were all pretty good matches (the finish in the EC3/Ray match was kind of silly). The last couple of minutes of the main event with Eric Young and Austin Aries were good too. The crowd really wanted Aries to win the title there, but of course TNA didn't listen and gave Eric Young his last successful title defense before he dropped the belt to Lashley on the next Impact.

Bound for Glory on the other hand was just there. I could've been a lot better if they had booked an actual lineup with storyline buildup, but they were focusing on finding a TV deal to survive. I'm really hoping they make up with an awesome BFG this year, but we'll see.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Give the UK BFG!
If I remember correctly, Chicago had a great crowd when TNA went on the road, maybe there would be good, I Think it was at the Sears Center.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Give the UK BFG!
If I remember correctly, Chicago had a great crowd when TNA went on the road, maybe there would be good, I Think it was at the Sears Center.
I think the places where TNA drew best on their 2013 "on the road" run were Chicago, Vegas, San Antonio and Dallas for the Lockdown and Slammiversary PPV. I could see any of those places getting a PPV this year if these two are really going to be regular shows. I'm actually surprised they haven't gone back to San Antonio since they drew their largest US crowd ever there (even if it was a fraction of the overall Alamodome). Maybe they couldn't find a smaller venue for a TV taping.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Give the UK BFG!
Knowing what BfG 2014 turned into, that would be the worst decision possible (at least for the fans). TNA would draw a decent crowd, sure, but I'm not interested in Dave Mastiff vs. Rampage Brown on TNA's biggest show. And I'm not the only one, who wants a big TNA show with actual TNA wrestlers in well built matches.

·
Intoner
6,591 Posts
I can bet that one of this shows will be in Texas cause it's TNA.

Would like to see them runnng BFG in Chicago, and do believe that they can sell 5000+ ticks there and it will be a hot crowd.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Knowing what BfG 2014 turned into, that would be the worst decision possible (at least for the fans). TNA would draw a decent crowd, sure, but I'm not interested in Dave Mastiff vs. Rampage Brown on TNA's biggest show. And I'm not the only one, who wants a big TNA show with actual TNA wrestlers in well built matches.
Why would those two be wrestling at BFG? BFG2014 was shit because of Wrestle-1, I totally agree, that it was a awful ppv. But there would be no alliance in place for a joint show like BFG was last year. Rampage and Mastiff were only on TV during the UK tour because of Bootcamp, and wouldn't play a part in the ppv at all. It would have a huge attendance, containing all TNA Wrestlers, as for well built matches, thats all down to the impacts leading up to BFG. If the show was taped at 8pm uk time, went on for three hours finishing at 11pm uk time, it would only be two hours until 8/7c in american which is the time there PPVS usually commence right?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Why would those two be wrestling at BFG? BFG2014 was shit because of Wrestle-1, I totally agree, that it was a awful ppv. But there would be no alliance in place for a joint show like BFG was last year. Rampage and Mastiff were only on TV during the UK tour because of Bootcamp, and wouldn't play a part in the ppv at all. It would have a huge attendance, containing all TNA Wrestlers, as for well built matches, thats all down to the impacts leading up to BFG. If the show was taped at 8pm uk time, went on for three hours finishing at 11pm uk time, it would only be two hours until 8/7c in american which is the time there PPVS usually commence right?
They would find themselves some allied company for a joint event just to reduce costs if possible.

Anyways: They would have to bring their wrestlers to Britain just for one single show. They will obviously not do a second UK tour in October, when the regular one is just three months away. So, TNA would come to the UK with just a corpse of the actual talent roster to save money. They had the majority of the roster with them in January, because they taped six weeks of Impact - not just one single event. Booking UK wrestlers for the PPV is much cheaper and this is exactly what TNA would do.

TNA wouldn't piss off the UK crowd, because they would enjoy their local wrestlers on the show. Well, TNA would definetely piss off their U.S. fanbase and everyone buying it on PPV instead, but I'm sure they would not give a shit about that.

Anyways: There is still one "huge" W-1 announcement to follow. The 2015 PPVs being joint events with W-1 would not surprise me at all. TNA knows that their fans hated BfG 2014. But do they care? Obviously not. They will do it again, if they have the chance to.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts