Wrestling Forum banner

Slammiversary 2020 promo teases new signing from among EC3, Rusev, Mike and Maria Bennett, Eric Young, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson and Rockstar Spud

13K views 122 replies 34 participants last post by  shandcraig 
#1 ·
#81 ·
Bully Ray with Anderson and Gallows would actually be interesting.

That "former world Champion" teaser could be a lot of people though, even Eric Young.

The wrestlers throwing teaser pictures and videos out there are being smart. I hope that all of them end up someplace, even if it's not Impact.

#82 ·
Beautiful People aren't bad wrestlers but I'd only like to see them back if the women's tag titles return as they'd be a great team addition, but not in the singles ranks.

With them and Aces & 8s, I wonder if Bully and Velvet are still an item, as Velvet and Angelina would fit in the group as excellent "old ladies."

I'm still hoping Bennett w/Maria return to as I know they aren't everyone's taste, but their Impact run was the best I've seen for both of them. I enjoyed Mike's feuds with EC3 and the X division Option C rule. I remember Moose being aligned with them to originally so perhaps they can re-join up with him.

I also enjoy a great stable, and always liked the NJPW mould of everyone being in different groups so if most rumours of talent returning and debuting are true, I'd love a fe new groups, would definitely shake up the divisions then.

Hell, an NWA invading group (if a deal can be done with Billy Corgan) would also be good as then you have Nick Aldis, James Storm, Eli Drake, Sienna/Alyison Kay & Aaron Stevens which can then also bring in the nwa titles and fit in with TNA vs Impact Wrestling story as well. NWA Tag champs vs IW Tag champs would be very fitting as would NWA vs IW World Champion or even Nick Aldis being the mystery entrant and winning the IW World title...

#85 ·
On aftermatch Don Callis was labeled as being in Atlanta as well. I'm not sure what is going on there unless they are taping Slammiversary from Atlanta.

I just wanted to point something else out, just because a new talent debuts doesn't mean they are signed. Deonna isn't signed. Someone like Mike and Maria could agree on a short term deal and then leave and go to ROH when they start back up. It can lead to some real interesting situations.

#87 ·
My bad I meant Taylor Wilde

I said Ellering because shes another free agent that they could bring in to beef up the KO division.

#90 ·
I'm happy this company is making moves. The roster is gettig a little statle right now and some new, bigger faces would be great right now. I also wouldn't mind some other new additions to the set as well but that's wishful thinking as they've just recently changed to the dark red theme.

#95 ·
I see in the latest video that Amazing Red, a Japanese flag and also a Canadian flag are also visible after the Bulgarian one. Hopefully Team Canada still return but Japanese one now has me most intrigued. Hoping it more than representing Gallows & Anderson past NJPW history and its either some Noah talent returning or I'm really hoping an partnership with NJPW.

NJPW is highly unlikely but rumours are Gallows and Anderson will be allowed to do NJPW and TJP already does so even a mini partnership with some young lions would be so good. I know last partnership didn't go well with Okada but really hoping now for something special.

#103 ·
I see in the latest video that Amazing Red, a Japanese flag and also a Canadian flag are also visible after the Bulgarian one. Hopefully Team Canada still return but Japanese one now has me most intrigued. Hoping it more than representing Gallows & Anderson past NJPW history and its either some Noah talent returning or I'm really hoping an partnership with NJPW.

NJPW is highly unlikely but rumours are Gallows and Anderson will be allowed to do NJPW and TJP already does so even a mini partnership with some young lions would be so good. I know last partnership didn't go well with Okada but really hoping now for something special.
The three nation flags could possibly point to Eric Young coming back in as leader of the World Elite rather than just Team Canada as has been rumoured

#98 ·
I don't think there is any international travel as NJPW has had a majority of home talent for their recent shows with no Ospreay, Jay White, GOD etc. But, maybe a couple are stuck in the US?

Also, NJPW do have a American based show now called Lions Break so I'd welcome even a partnership with NJPW USA.

Even if it isn't NJPW but say return of World X Cup announced in future or Marufuji from Noah would be just as good.

Just hope that all these different teases now produce quite a few interesting stories and future plans, and don't just end up being Bully w/ Anderson & Gallows as I'd say thats like 99% happening now with to many leaks. I'm not saying everyone shown has to appear but like EC3, The Bennett's, EY, Aces & 8s (Bully w/ Gallows n Anderson), Team Canada and now Beautiful People in the gauntlet will hopefully happen. And then if all that plus Amazing Red, Lio Rush, Rusev/Miro, a Japan partnership (NJPW or Noah talent returning at some point), and even Hawkins n Ryder, I'd be very happy.

#106 ·
World Elite EY would actually be pretty sweet and enable more freedom than Team Canada. If Rusev does come, after he recovers from covid, then he could be the muscle in EYs group to replace the role of Elgin.

Less than 5 days now for confirmation and some reveals. Can't wait.

#108 · (Edited)
Something which hasn't really been spoken about from the latest teaser is the brief clip of 3 children in the garden. It seems very out of place from the rest of the compilation and seemingly has nothing to do with wrestling. Then I remembered that there are 3 shot glasses later in the video. Is it possible that the 3 kids are actually the same people grown-up later in the vignette? If that's the case; it would be two men and one woman, but can't think who it could possibly be? Mike & Maria with another guy? Gail Kim and AMW? Does one of the Good Brothers have a wrestling wife or previous valet? suppose you couldn't rule out some sort of persona for E...C...3 as well. That bit has got me stumped.

#109 ·
3 red headed kids = Heath Slater. A few weeks ago when Rohit asked Rhino about being his partner and Rhino said he has a partner (looks in the camera and smiles) and he has kids. But I doubt Heath comes in. Looks like they maybe going with Rhino and Hernandez as partners.

#111 ·
Impact seems to be getting a lot of people all worked up with these teaser videos but I wouldn't be surprised if all we get are Gallows and Anderson, Mike Bennett and Maria, Eric Young and Heath Slater because this is Impact we're talking about.

I wonder if Rusev was slated to be the mystery world title match opponent before he came down with covid-19. Hopefully it will be EC3.

#116 ·
Did someone watch AfterShock Yesterday? 2 things stood out to me regarding July 18.
- There is a MINIMUM of 11 Knockouts in the match... I'm hoping we see Tay Conti.
-They kept saying the "Former World Champion" might not be in the World Title match... I don't know what to make of it...
Well EC3's music did play after a Moose win. EC3, a former World Champion could be doing something with Moose after the Dreamer match. That still leaves someone else for the main event. I kind of want to see Sabin as the mystery man. I think he would work very well with Eddie, Ace and Trey.

#117 ·
Didn't think of that... Would make sense...

Well EC3's music did play after a Moose win. EC3, a former World Champion could be doing something with Moose after the Dreamer match. That still leaves someone else for the main event. I kind of want to see Sabin as the mystery man. I think he would work very well with Eddie, Ace and Trey.
Sabin would fit perfectly with those 3... I'm thinking they are also bringing back everyone that was supposed to appear at the TNA Show... So amazing red, Alex Shelly, Ken Anderson....

By the way this morning on Busted Open Bully Ray told Eddie "see you soon"... I'm sure he was kidding and is not the 4th man, but he's probably one of those coming Back (Aces & Eights)

#118 ·
The mystery entrant has to be involved with a new group. I say that as they were teasing Team Canada with Elgin and this mystery entrant is replacing Elgin, so perhaps they will also win via interference from an incoming group, perhaps still Team Canada, Aces and 8s, World Elite or even a new group? Would rather EY or EC3 over Bully Ray just purely that it would still be a bit of mystery of who will assist them because if its Bully, you know Aces & 8s are definitely coming.

#119 ·
If it's EC3, I wonder if he's gonna be part of a group or be alone? Is it just me or he seems to be teasing an Impact Return way too much? As if it's a swerve and he's not coming back... If he's not here on Saturday, I see him popping on Dynamite Wednesday...

Just announced: Rascalz open Challenge for July 18...Doc/Anderson or MCMG?

#120 ·
^Please be MCMG.

I've read that there are rumour that they are trying to bring in everyone who was due at TNA One Night Only Special, so would explain Amazing Red in the videos. And rumours for that event was MCMG in ring return so them returning here, even if for one night only, Vs Rascals would be sweet.

Would also mean Mr. Anderson back as he was announced with D'Lo as Aces & 8s for the same special.

Also, read this morning on wrestlezone that a recent Moose interview has him saying original plans for the TNA WHC was to be for the winner of the KOTM match at the ONO special to. Slightly disappointing now that Moose's match at Slammiversary isn't KOTM but here's hoping the past stars like Chase Stevens, Chris Harris and even Scott Steiner still appear as they can fit story wise vs Moose as assistance to Dreamer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.