Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Of the wrestlers named as possibly heading to Impact, I think that EC3, Mike and Maria and Eric Young are the most likely to be signed. I see Rusev going to AEW when his no-compete clause is up, Gallows and Anderson are likely headed back to Japan and Spud/Drake Maverick resigned with WWE. EC3 is probably 50/50 to go to AEW or Impact. There's also a possibility that the hand in the video could be Heath Slater's since he has red hair and freckles but it probably isn't.

·
Registered
962 Posts
since the 90 no compete clause is still in effect I doubt its actually anyone special under the hoodie
Yeah, I'm thinking that it will be someone underwhelming like Eric Young or Mike Bennett. Would be nice if it's EC3 but he is likely still under the no-compete clause.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I think Mike and Maria are more likely to be ROH bound. Mike is very good friends with Matt Taven and is still well thought of by ROH management.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I think Mike and Maria are more likely to be ROH bound. Mike is very good friends with Matt Taven and is still well thought of by ROH management.
Yeah, I think that any wrestler with talent today is in good shape with so many wrestling companies/options to choose from similar to the territory days of the 80's and early 90's. Bennett will likely end up in Impact or ROH. The NWA wouldn't be a bad place for him either.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Yeah, I think that any wrestler with talent today is in good shape with so many wrestling companies/options to choose from similar to the territory days of the 80's and early 90's. Bennett will likely end up in Impact or ROH. The NWA wouldn't be a bad place for him either.
If Bennett wants to work NWA he can do that while working ROH.

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Banned
801 Posts
on the twitch after show Free Agent Hunter Don Callis said something like maybe the big free agent is not one but two like a tag team.

Jimmy Jacobs said he would like to see someone known for a conga line show up in Impact.
Yeah I think the "good brothers" and Eric Young are locks to show up at Slammiversary.

·
Registered
530 Posts
To get Gallows & Anderson would be excellent stuff, the company really needs some new Tag Teams, so with them & potentially more also, that's a good sign.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Even if it was just short term deals I'd love to see Gallows & Anderson battle The North. It sounds like a perfect match for Slammiversary. Eric Young makes perfect sense too because if he still has outside interest (he has hosted several tv shows in the past) he could still do that with Impacts limited schedule.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Following their release from WWE back in April, it looks Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson have plenty of options elsewhere.
As noted last week, Impact Wrestling aired a commercial to promote their Slammiversary pay-per-view event, which featured footage of several WWE stars who were released and also previously worked in Impact.

Gallows and Anderson were shown despite them not previously working in Impact. Instead, the footage was from their time in Global Force Wrestling.
Dave Meltzer reported in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that the tag team is looking for what was described as two deals, one of that would be NJPW, which would be their main deal. They are also looking for a deal in the United States, with Impact Wrestling being in play.
Due to their non-compete clauses with WWE not expiring until mid-July, they can’t do anything until that time but since Slammiverary takes place a few days after the non-compete expires, it is possible that they could appear on the pay-per-view. There is no word on if there’s interest in them from All Elite Wrestling.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Gallows and Anderson were shown despite them not previously working in Impact. Instead, the footage was from their time in Global Force Wrestling.
While Karl Anderson never worked for Impact, Gallows actually has worked for Impact in the past, he was part of Aces and Eights prior to him going to NJPW, in fact that's where the Doc in his NJPW ring name came from, in A&8s he was "D.O.C" ("Director of Chaos"), not saying that wasn't a stupid name but he was in Impact before.

·
Registered
271 Posts
While Karl Anderson never worked for Impact, Gallows actually has worked for Impact in the past, he was part of Aces and Eights prior to him going to NJPW, in fact that's where the Doc in his NJPW ring name came from, in A&8s he was "D.O.C" ("Director of Chaos"), not saying that wasn't a stupid name but he was in Impact before.
Which makes me say that they should hire Bully Ray as well and reform Aces & Eights. They would have Bully and Doc. Plus Karl Anderson who knows a thing or two about groups. You can have EY in this as well. I don't know where is Mike Knox but I'm sure you he could be "obtainable" for cheap, another big guy doing damage.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Know what I'd really like to see? If Eric Young comes back he immediately challenges Moose for a found title vs found title match.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Here's the thing I would love if Gallows and Anderson would join but not in tag teams? I would like to see Anderson come into his own as a midcard straight wrestling guy, maybe fight for a midcard title as well. Sort of a Arn Anderson-type. And for Gallows to be used as a proper intense monster. He was getting there before he left TNA, he was getting better and better. I'm thinking they could maybe appear together on Impact esp. if say they are part of another Aces and Eights but not have to be in tag teams.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts