Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few days ago on tnasylum.com I red that buyrate of Slammiversary was 60 000 do any of you think that this is possible? I'm courious how someone can know the buyrate of PPV so quickly.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
It'll be something like 7000.

Thats what i think the observer will report.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
tnasylum will over sell it, observer will under sell it.

So we have no fucking clue...

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
It's mentioned in "Will's Crossfire", where the writer always does some rag on dirtsheets in the end of the column by inventing positive TNA headlines in the style of the Observer and the other dirtsheets. Just take a look at the comments...

Forget about the 60.000...

·
Premium Member
44,390 Posts
There is no way the number is out already. WWE doesn't have their buyrates fully calculated until the month is over usually, and any information regarding TNA buyrates have to be taken with a grain of salt since they are a private company and don't release their numbers.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
observer reports it did 3 and a half buys.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Its amazing how much wrestling fans hate themselves, the business, and one of the most reputable news sites going today. If it came from the Observer more-often-then-not its gospel. Meltzer and The Observer have no reason to lie about any numbers...its just that some fans haven't adjusted their minds to the 21st century yet and still rate whether a company is successful based off what defined success in the 20th century. Times are different. The economy is different.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
You call it hate, I call it having a open mind and be able to joke about it.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Its amazing how much wrestling fans hate themselves, the business, and one of the most reputable news sites going today. If it came from the Observer more-often-then-not its gospel. Meltzer and The Observer have no reason to lie about any numbers...its just that some fans haven't adjusted their minds to the 21st century yet and still rate whether a company is successful based off what defined success in the 20th century. Times are different. The economy is different.
Even though Dixie and Jarrett have said on numerous occasion that the buyrates given out by the dirtsheets are way off the mark, which I dont find too hard to believe judging from dirtsheets past errors.

Nothing any dirtsheet or newsletter says is 'gospel', the only people who know the 'gospel' truth in TNA are those in charge of the company who have the private insider information.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
If it was a big buyrate we would hear about it from TNA first.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
The only dirt sheet that is reputable in my eyes is PW.net. Meltzer has been caught in so many lies I don't even read his stuff anymore.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,306 Posts
60,000 would be by far and away their most successful PPV. The highest is typically said to be Samoa Joe/Kurt Angle at Lockdown at about 40 to 50 thousand.

So 60K would be 20 to 50 percent greater.

Slammy probably did 10 to 20 thousand.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts