Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you thought you'd run through Link's latest quest once and be done with The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, think again. During Nintendo's Tokyo Game Show press conference, the company stated that Skyward Sword will have a "second playthrough" and a boss challenge mode that will equate to between 50 and 100 hours of gameplay. Specific details about what exactly these modes entail was not announced, but it was confirmed that Skyward Sword will use a hint system similar to that of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D.
Source:IGN

Holy Shit! That's insane for a Zelda title,discuss!

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you're a fucking moron. no *'s needed.

100 hours, that sounds normal. Especially since Twilight Princess, if you did all the extra stuff in it, could be over 100 hours.

but still...

FUCK YEAH!!!
I'd say Twilight Princess had maybe 30-40 hours of gameplay including the side stuff.

·
Indeed
16,935 Posts
For some reason, I never cared how long a Zelda game was. I'd just play it and enjoy it without looking at the hours logged. I hope that's the same for Skyward Sword, but that game is going to be competing for my attention this Holiday.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
So what they just make it harder and add a challenge mode and that's the 100 hours promise?

I hate playing through the same story twice, hopefully it isn't just that.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
I'd say Twilight Princess had maybe 30-40 hours of gameplay including the side stuff.
Hmmm I would have to slightly disagree with you, I would say just over 50 hours for Twilight princess including the extra stuff, I could be wrong but that's what it felt like to me. That game is pretty big and there is a lot to do in between each temple.
As for Skyward sword, I am very ecstatic that this game is going to be over 100 hours. I am sure I will be glued to it that long when I first get it lol. 100 hours definitely makes its price tag more then worth it in my opinion.

So what they just make it harder and add a challenge mode and that's the 100 hours promise?

I hate playing through the same story twice, hopefully it isn't just that.
My guess is its another Master Quest

·
Sorry bout your damn luck
3,483 Posts
As a long time Zelda fan this is like Christmas for me in advance. I will definitely be picking this up on day 1, or within a week of it's release.

I'm not a Wii man myself, but this has me excited to own a system in a long damn time to be honest. Thanks for the heads up Vic my man.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
As a long time Zelda fan this is like Christmas for me in advance. I will definitely be picking this up on day 1, or within a week of it's release.

I'm not a Wii man myself, but this has me excited to own a system in a long damn time to be honest. Thanks for the heads up Vic my man.
I have a feeling this game is just a small taste on what is to come. I think the Zelda game that will be for the Wii U will be something us Zelda Fans have only dreamed of. I have high hopes that the Legend of Zelda future is very bright.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
I can't imagine how you can have 100 hours of gameplay and content without stretching some parts out ridiculously long. Maybe this game will have points where you have to ride Epona from place to place and they are all like 30 minutes away. Either that or the game has a master quest at the end replaying the entire game with added difficulty and bonuses.

If it really is 100 hours of pure gameplay, absolutely amazing. Good Job Nintendo!

·
Registered
562 Posts
"Skyward Sword will have a "second playthrough" and a boss challenge mode that will equate to between 50 and 100 hours of gameplay."

Sounds to me like the actual play through of the story and doing all the side missions is about 50 hours, then it's another 50 hours if you do a second play through and beat the bosses in a separate challenge mode.

So it's 50 hours of content that you do twice lol.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
For some reason, I never cared how long a Zelda game was. I'd just play it and enjoy it without looking at the hours logged. I hope that's the same for Skyward Sword, but that game is going to be competing for my attention this Holiday.
This for me, Always excited for a new Zelda release. I enjoyed twilight princess and I will be overdosing on this one as well.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
I find it hilarious that some people keep bitching about the graphics of Skyward sword. I find the graphics a in between of Windwaker and Twilight princess because it looks slightly cartoonish but also very well done like Twilight Princess is. I absolutely love the graphics of Skyward sword and think it will be a unique game for sure.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts