Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
My man
6,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watching RAW which I recorded on Sky+ and it just ended when John Cena was coming out for Piper's Pit. I'm fed up of Sky they are an absolute joke, can't wait till I switch to Virgin.

·
7 years, 18 movies later ....
3,323 Posts
Normally i have to record the next programme aswell to make sure the whole thing records.

·
My man
6,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not Sky's fault that the show ran 15 minutes over the 3 hour mark.
I know, but it's Sky's fault there Sky+ system is so shitty that it can't adapt to changes. Sky+ can only ever record two programmes at once to while you watch one of them, defeats the sodding point if you have to have the channel set to one of the channels that you're recording. I know with Virgin you can record two and watch a third, so I dunno what sky is playing at.

·
Not Bruce Wayne
2,114 Posts
If I would ever have to record raw It would always cut off before the show was over because they always go over there set time which is 11:05

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
This is why I stay up and watch it live. :p I don't sleep much anyway so it doesn't phase me.

Don't worry though, they are showing a repeat on Thursday!

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Well it started at 1am on Virgin, so as long as people recorded Vintage Collection thats was meant to be at 1 on their system, then the Raw, they would have caught it all. Usually most Raws go over by 15 minutes, something that Virgin pick up on, do Sky not do the same?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
If I would ever have to record raw It would always cut off before the show was over because they always go over there set time which is 11:05
Exactly. Which is why you should just extend the recording by like 10 minutes. That's what I do. You can't blame the cable company for a live show going over its time limit.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Just a rookie on the DVR :p

I usually record RAW every time so I can see other show that come on. Give me time to weed out the bs with fast forwarding. I always remember to extend the recording by 15 minutes.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Mines set to record an extra 10 but I still missed the ending. To be fair to sky they are normally pretty good at getting the planner updated. A series linked Raw started at the right time and automatically adjusted for the 3 hour show without me having to do anything. It takes time for the signal to be sent out by satellite for the planner to be changed and this was a live show so they aren't going to get enough advanced warning for an overrun to be able to do this. Annoying I know but yep it's repeated thursday and there's always youtube as already suggested.

·
Registered
464 Posts
same happened to me. And there were breaks during the Mae Young segment. But i didnt mind that at all

1 - 20 of 29 Posts