Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sky has confirmed the closure date for the Bravo channels, which it acquired in June as part of the £160m deal to purchase the Living TV Group.

From January 1 next year, the Bravo family of channels - including Bravo, Bravo+1 and Bravo 2 - will cease broadcasting on all digital TV platforms, including Sky and Virgin Media.

In September, Sky opted to scrap long-running cable channel Bravo because it serves a similar demographic to Sky1.

The company also announced the closure of Channel One, previously Virgin1, as part of plans to concentrate on the Living brand, which gives Sky a vital foothold in the female market after it shut down the Sky Real Lives channels in August.

Living's programming budget will be increased by 25% to enable the broadcaster to build on its recent successes, including a two-year deal with Katie Price.

Today, Sky confirmed that Bravo's most popular programmes will be moved to other Sky channels before the network is officially closed down.

Shows to be preserved include Spartacus: Blood and Sand, Chuck, Leverage, Dog the Bounty Hunter, Star Trek, TNA Wrestling, Sun, Sea and A & E, Motorway Patrol, Highway Patrol and Caribbean Cops.

Sky said that full details of the new homes for all these shows will follow in "due course".
Digitalspy.co.uk

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hurrah.

Likely to be Sky Atlantic then. Can't see it on Sky1 which shows WWE catchups. We might get it in HD now. I'm liking the pigeons being let loose in HD.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I guess they kept it around due to the high ratings. Thank fuck Extreme Sports Channel won't get a chance to screw Impact.

However, where does this WWE exclusive deal apply? Just Sky Sports?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will probably be moved over to Sky Sports. Where else would it fit in? Sky1 and Atlantic are for US dramas, sitcoms and reality crap. When does Atlantic launch anyway?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I wonder, if Sky are taking TNA, could they at least try and get the rest of the UK programming on Extreme Sports moved over during 2011 as well? We all know how shit the ratings and quality the things are on Extreme.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Absolutely no chance in hell Sky3. That channel only shows repeats of programming that is about five years old.
Well they won't but it on Sky 1 due to Superstars, they won't put it on Sky Sports due to all the WWE programming they show (Raw, Smackdown, NXT, Afterburn, Bottomline and Vintage Collection)... So that leaves Sky 2 and 3 or whatever this Atlantic thing people are talking about.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Wondering what us Virgin Media users will get in replacement, some Sky channels would be pretty awesome. As for TNA, hopefully we'll see alot more advertisement on whatever Bravo becomes, though seeing how it was in the bottom end of that list maybe it's not so high priority wise.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
I hope for the love of God it isn't placed in the morning meaning we get the early morning edits of the show...Sky 2 or 3 even (pretty sure that's freeview) is fine with me

Bravo was the shit though

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
Can't WWE cockblock competitors' products from coming too close to theirs? Or does that not apply in England?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hmm, I've got Virgin Media but none of the Sky Subscription channels. I do hope it doesn't go onto a Sky Sports type channel as I won't be paying for that. £50 per month for Virgin Media is enough as it stands!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Please god move Star Trek to SKY Three, as I only have freeview.

Seriously, Watching Deep Space Nine and TNG is absoloutley awesome, and hearing the intro of both shows on surround sound is EPIC!!!

It's a shame SKY aren't gonna renew Fresh Prince of Bel Air and the X-Files though :(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts