Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else in the UK experiencing the same problem I am with regards to ordering tonight's Royal Rumble.

It says that 'the event is not available to order at this time' but you can order the RR repeat though (which I'm not interested in as it's not in HD)

Am I trying to order the event to early in the day or is it a nationwide problem?

Any ideas?

· Administrator
23,345 Posts
Solution from someone on another site.

You can force a planner rebuild if you press services, 0, 0, 1 , select, 7. Only takes a couple of minutes and you don't lose anything that you've recorded, just don't do it while you're trying to record something else! Did one on mine and I could order the live HD showing with no problem after that.

· Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After waiting an hour or so it still didn't work so I just unplugged my Sky box, (which took ages seen as though the plug is behind a massive unit) to reset the box, managed to order it fine after switching it back on using the EPG instead of the actual box office button on the remote.

All that's left to do now is stock up on a few coronas, a big bag of cashew nuts and some ben and jerry's ice cream and I'm all set.

· Registered
2,136 Posts
As Platt said

You can force a planner rebuild if you press services, 0, 0, 1 , select, 7. Only takes a couple of minutes and you don't lose anything that you've recorded, just don't do it while you're trying to record something else! Did one on mine and I could order the live HD showing with no problem after that.

So from your sky remote, press services, and you should get something saying "Sky+ reboot" or something like that, cant remember which. Do the reboot and when its finished (takes about 4/5 minutes) turn sky back on and you should be able to order the live event in HD. Worked for me :)

· Registered
245 Posts
Ordered it at lunchtime this afternoon through Virgin and seemed to have no problems.
I'm please to see it scheduled to start at 12:45 and not 1:30 like Wrestlemania last year.

Still, I did get that free as a result.

· Registered
1,604 Posts
sorry if this is a noobish question guys but i had the same problem but the standard def version was up so i ordered that but i checked back and it had the HD up so i canceled the normal on my planner and ordered the HD but it said i was unable to order and to call a certain number so i back up and tried again then it told me that i couldn't because it was already ordered and it appears in my planner does this mean that its ordered every time i click on it it says program hasn't started yet ? .

· Lucy Snorebush
2,166 Posts
Ordered it at lunchtime this afternoon through Virgin and seemed to have no problems.
I'm please to see it scheduled to start at 12:45 and not 1:30 like Wrestlemania last year.

Still, I did get that free as a result.
Can you/anyone else double check this? Thanks a bunch.

· Registered
245 Posts
Can you/anyone else double check this? Thanks a bunch.
Just did (the wife wasn't happy with me disturbing Dancing on Ice) and if definitely says 12:45.

That was horrible last year. For 30 minutes I sat there wondering if it would come on and whether I had drank 5 cans of Red Bull for nothing!

I didn't get a choice for HD so I'm hoping it will just be HD.

· Lucy Snorebush
2,166 Posts
Just did (the wife wasn't happy with me disturbing Dancing on Ice) and if definitely says 12:45.

That was horrible last year. For 30 minutes I sat there wondering if it would come on and whether I had drank 5 cans of Red Bull for nothing!

I didn't get a choice for HD so I'm hoping it will just be HD.
Cool, thanks. Seems weird as that means it must be a seriously early showing in the states? Something like 5PM I'm assuming.

· Registered
1,391 Posts
Had no problem setting it to record on Sky+ yesterday, and the start time is listed for 1am. Dunno what this 12.45 malarky is about, but I'll be keeping my eyes on the EPG/planner.

· Registered
245 Posts
Had no problem setting it to record on Sky+ yesterday, and the start time is listed for 1am. Dunno what this 12.45 malarky is about, but I'll be keeping my eyes on the EPG/planner.
Maybe that's just something Virgin are doing to make sure it starts on time. I'm sure it will just be preview stuff for the first 15 minutes.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.