Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to an article on WWE.com documenting the history of The Nexus, Skip Sheffield is no longer considered a member of the group.

The article states: "Immediately following that heinous first attack, the stalwart Bryan expressed remorse for his actions and parted ways with The Nexus, while Tarver, Sheffield and Young were later deemed unworthy of the rebels' signature armband either due to exile or injury. However, as witnessed by the WWE Universe, the group only grew stronger and more streamlined as a result of the changes within its ranks."

During the Aug. 18 live event in Honolulu, Hawaii, Sheffield injured his ankle in a tag team match with David Otunga against The Hart Dynasty. It was later determined that he suffered a compound fracture of his ankle and was initially expected to be out for four to six months.

Sheffield was never officially booted from the group on television. Wade Barrett acknowledged in passing during a promo on the Aug. 30 episode of Raw that Sheffield suffered an ankle injury.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Skip_Sheffield_Officially_Dropped_From_The_Nexus.html

·
Registered
99 Posts
Lame... I hope it's some sort of mistake. Sheffield played the Stable Enforcer/Powerhouse role PERFECTLY. My guess is they've brought Harris in to fill in for him but he has nowhere near the same look or presence that Sheffield had.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
To be honest, i miss the original Nexus Eight.

now THAT is Nexus.

Nothing against Hennig and Harris because i'm actually a fan of both of them but they just don't really fit in as Nexus members imo, it seems they're just...there. Skip is a talented big man, his modified Stunner finisher looks sick, i still hope he will succeed even without Nexus.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
The original Nexus was the perfect stable of young guns; far better than season 2's NXT alumni.

Nexus pretty much became Barret's lackeys when Sheffield got injured.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
That sucks , cause Sheffield is just a badass.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Part of the stipulation for Barrett's match against Orton is "No Current member of Nexus are allowed at ringside"
So expect for Skip or Young to get involved

·
Premium Member
10,185 Posts
Part of the stipulation for Barrett's match against Orton is "No Current member of Nexus are allowed at ringside"
So expect for Skip or Young to get involved
Skip is still walking with the aid of crutches and Young hasn't been relevant since his Raw one-off missing link appearance.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Shame, I was definitely a fan of Skip. Not very good on the mic, but he made up for it with his presence and ring-work.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The original nexus was awesome, I'll be honest I lost a lot of interest when Tarver left he was awesome on the mic.

Damn remember when they cut promos as a group now it's just Barret and it's got boring, hopefully they turn on Barrett and run amock again

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
That's bollocks if true, realistically, one on one Skip Sheffield would probably kill any member of Nexus, so deeming him "unworthy" is lazy, illogical booking on WWE's part.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
That's bollocks if true, realistically, one on one Skip Sheffield would probably kill any member of Nexus, so deeming him "unworthy" is lazy, illogical booking on WWE's part.
He got injured. So hes not really capable of killing anyone Nexus is he?

He got hurt, therefore, he becomes useless and they cut him off. Simple as that.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
He got injured. So hes not really capable of killing anyone Nexus is he?

He got hurt, therefore, he becomes useless and they cut him off. Simple as that.
But until now, the Nexus and WWE were saying that he was injured, whereas with Tarver they wrote him off the show. With that in mind you're going to assume that when fit again, Sheffield would come back and still be a Nexus member.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
To be honest, i miss the original Nexus Eight.

this has to be the gayest fucking picture of Nexus currently out there. i can't even begin to describe what's going on there.

to be honest, the Nexus group is in shambles anyway, and i agree, i miss the original eight as well. right now the only reason Nexus is even semi-interesting is Barrett/Cena. i know some other people are interested in Gabriel too, and cool for them, but i'm not and really have no other reason to be invested in Nexus because they are no longer that group above that came in and made such an impact. they're just a rag-tag group of dudes who get punked. a lot.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
But until now, the Nexus and WWE were saying that he was injured, whereas with Tarver they wrote him off the show. With that in mind you're going to assume that when fit again, Sheffield would come back and still be a Nexus member.
By the time he comes back Nexus would probably be dead. Plus, they cut him out because of the injury.

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
It is stupid story-wise, as he was only written off with an injury, and they even had a poll recently about Nexus with him on it. However I don't think it's a big deal; I highly doubt Nexus is going to survive this Cena storyline so it doesn't really matter.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
By the time he comes back Nexus would probably be dead. Plus, they cut him out because of the injury.
He done it in August, they reckon he'll be back between December and February, so there's a chance you're right, even so I'm sure I remember a promo where Barrett said they exiled Darren Young and lost Sheffield to injury, but Nexus were as strong as ever, or words to that effect. It just gave the impression that WWE still had him down as a Nexus member.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
this has to be the gayest fucking picture of Nexus currently out there. i can't even begin to describe what's going on there.
Lol, yeah it is. Well, when i typed "nexus wwe" on the google search box this was the only pic i could find that shows all the original eight members.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts