Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the situation with these guys? When are they expected to recover from their injury and will they even return to Nexus or get plonked back in FCW?

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I personally expect Sheffield to return during the Rumble. No idea on Tarver though.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Tarver wrestled in FCW a few weeks back, so he's ok now.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
Like an above poster said, Tarver's back in shape. I expect he won't be cack for a while yet though.

Skip's out until post 'Mania by my estimation.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Sheffield had a compound fracture in his ankle so I'm guessing it isn't going to be after mania before we get to see his big meaty bald head again.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I've read in a few different reports that he was due back "late 2010-early 2011". That's where I got the idea for the Rumble.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've read in a few different reports that he was due back "late 2010-early 2011". That's where I got the idea for the Rumble.
That very well could be. I was just guessing based on the severity of the injury.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I know, I was just giving the reason why I said Rumble while everyone else said Post-Mania. I didn't want to look retarded lol.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
The last I heard about Sheffield was that he was still on crutches and that was back in November I believe. A compound fracture is a serious injury to come back from. I don't see him returning until the Nexus is long over which would be sometime late spring or early summer.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Tarver over Sheffield everyday of the week.

Reactions: VLR

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
When asked at an FCW event recently about his timetable for return, Skip Sheffield said that he's hopeful that he will return to the ring in March.

But yeah, it's a compound fracture of his ankle. I know he's either already off or will be getting off crutches very soon, but full rehabilitation could take a while.

I do like the idea of Tarver and Sheffield going to Smackdown to back up Barrett, particularly against The Undertaker for Wrestlemania, should that be in the cards.

But boy Smackdown could really use another face or two in their midcard.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Tarver and Sheffield were fantastic assets to Nexus.

Sheffield played the powerhouse of the group, Husky Harris was obviously his direct replacement to be the powerhouse but to me he's just.. husky. Sheffield was far more credible and in the Nexus vs. WWE match at Summerslam he highly impressed me.

Tarver was valuable because he could be the second mic piece. Despite Wade being the leader, he can't talk for Nexus' sake every week, otherwise it'd just like look Barrett was carrying the entire group. Tarver should have definetly got Otunga's storyline and should have been the one to rebel against Barrett because Otunga is God awful on the mic.

Now we've got McGillicutty and Harris. To be honest I think they both suck. I just hope Sheffield and Tarver at least have a confrontation with Nexus and make it go somewhere or even join Nexus again. Let's hope they don't to a Darren Young on these two guys because they are actually an attribute to Nexus.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I don't know when they will return, but i wouldn't mind seeing both of them returning to Nexus, and it's still likely to happen considering Punk is the new Nexus leader now, maybe Punk will show some dissatisfaction with the current formation after their failure on beating Cena when Barrett was the leader so Punk decides to kick out some weak links and then adds Skip and Tarver to the group again to strengthen the group, we all know Skip is a beast and he could decimate practically anyone before he got injured so adding him to the group again will benefit Nexus greatly, Tarver might not be a force in the ring but he's very intimidating he could scare kids away, lol, and he's a better talker than all of the members so yeah he should be brought back to Nexus again to make them more interesting. Just a thought.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't need to see Tarver.
Together with Young he was the most boring Nexus superstar.

I didn't like Sheffield's NXT gimmick, but when he was a part of Nexus I liked his performance.
A great powerhuse, and specially he can get a gimmick.
Gabriel is talented, but he has no gimmick like Bourne.
Both of them are great, when they enter the ring, but they have no gimmick.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts