Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey have any of you guys hear of a drama show from the U K called Skins. I really love that show. I just got finished watching seasons 1 & 2 and i will start on season 3 on Monday.

Feel free to express your opinions about the show here.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I love Skins ,my favourite show on tv.Season 3 is awesome just to let you know ,some great depictions of excellent characters like JJ and Cook.Series 5 is starting soon enough as far as I know.

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love Skins ,my favourite show on tv.Season 3 is awesome just to let you know ,some great depictions of excellent characters like JJ and Cook.Series 5 is starting soon enough as far as I know.
I saw the first ep of Season 3 and i think is going to be to much chaos the first group of friends had a lot of balance between chaos and good times.

I heard the co writer of Skins is making an american version but its not going to be anywhere near as good as the U K version.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Skins is a fantastic show, I'm interested to see how an American version of it would pan out.

·
hello
19,555 Posts
I heard the co writer of Skins is making an american version but its not going to be anywhere near as good as the U K version.
Oh yeah, and how the fuck do you know that? For all you know, it could end up being superior in every way. Only time will tell, don't try and pass off your bias opinion as some sort of fact. You've made a pre-judgment on it anyways so even if it does end up being better than the UK version, you won't accept that will you?

To me personally I don't mind the show but I find it completely overrated and just not my thing. It's a solid show tho.

·
Premium Member
10,171 Posts
I find the content uninteresting and removed from reality. It's why I tend to watch American shows for their style and vigour rather than these British shows full of f-bombs and drug taking. I have the same opinion on Shameless and to a lesser degree the Inbetweeners.

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah, and how the fuck do you know that? For all you know, it could end up being superior in every way. Only time will tell, don't try and pass off your bias opinion as some sort of fact. You've made a pre-judgment on it anyways so even if it does end up being better than the UK version, you won't accept that will you?

To me personally I don't mind the show but I find it completely overrated and just not my thing. It's a solid show tho.
#1 the Skins official FB page told me.

#2 its going to be on MTV so they are going to have to cut out alot of the raw shit that Skins had.

#3 Since its might be air on MTV which is not a movie channel it has to get clear By the FCC.There is a a lot racie and extremely adult situations ( which makes the show good) in the show and the FCC cant take a good joke when they see one that why i said it might not be as good as the original.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
#1 is great.
#2 is pretty great.
#3 is good.
#4 is ridiculous, and WAY over-dramatic. still entertaining, just not nearly as connecting as the rest of the series.

overall a good show though.

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
Even though I like it, it is awful in many aspects.

Actually, Series one was very nicely done. Series two was decent. Good character development.

Series 3 and 4, not fantastic, it was okay. I kept watching it out of loyalty.

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Even though I like it, it is awful in many aspects.

Actually, Series one was very nicely done. Series two was decent. Good character development.

Series 3 and 4, not fantastic, it was okay. I kept watching it out of loyalty.
Yea thats how i feel the they drop the ball on the second group of friends way too much shit happens on ep 1 season 3 but i will finish watching seasons 3 and 4 Hopefully in season 5 its a reunion and they catch up on the old cast of friends.

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
Yea thats how i feel the they drop the ball on the second group of friends way too much shit happens on ep 1 season 3 but i will finish watching seasons 3 and 4 Hopefully in season 5 its a reunion and they catch up on the old cast of friends.
Was the first episode the African guy? I forgot his name but he was the absolute worst character on the show, they did nothing with him. Actually he was the first episode of season 4 right?

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Was the first episode the African guy? I forgot his name but he was the absolute worst character on the show, they did nothing with him. Actually he was the first episode of season 4 right?
That was the first episode of season 4 allright ,with Thomas working in the nightclub.He debuted in season three though ,i'd rate him as probably the worst reoccuring character of all the seasons.Did anyone see the cast for season 5 ,it looks brutal.

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
Freddie was awful, JJ was too cringey and a lot of the stories didn't make sense. Naomi and Emily, why one Earth was there ever tension between these two, it went back and fourth through guilt, it was frustratingly confusing except it wasn't, it was just written horribly.

The love triangle that was Cook, Freddie and Effy. Effy was the only character that also appeared on series one and two, she was actually a fantastic character, causing chaos where ever she went. What I didn't like was that there was even a love triangle making a good character like Cook's, irrelevant. Why did Cook become the good guy, to bad guy to anti hero? Why did Freddie get killed? That took that story too far, Effy's powers went too far.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I liked skins 1, 2 and 3, but 4 just seemed to rushed and crammed in. Emily and Naomi were just irritating by the end, I was pulling for them in the beginning but they dragged on the tension for way too long. It just got boring. Having said that I can't wait for season 5 to start.

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just finished watching eps 1 2 and 3 for season 3 And i still dont see a solid connection between the main cast besides Cook , JJ fuck i fogot there best friend name. O well Thomas was a character nice but waste of a character if he doesnt come back for the rest of the season.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I've recently got into the Inbetweeners and watched all episodes upto the most recent one on channel 4 in the last two weeks, and really enjoyed it. I don't know if it's like Skins?? is it?? Skins just came on Virgin Media, the first series, might give it a watch when I have time.

·
21st century schizoid man
1,897 Posts
As someone who lives in bristol and has been turned down at the last minute to be a major player in the show....i hate it.

Other than that, it does its job.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts