Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did people prefer the six-sided ring or the normal four-sided ring? I'm guessing this thread was already posted around the time the new ring was used but I'm new to this site and would be interested to see what people think.

I personally think that the six-sided ring was good as a gimmick in grabbing your attention and differing from WWE and could have possibly been better for some cruiserweights but ultimately was unecessary and cut out ring space.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
It doesn't matter...I wasn't bothered by the six sides at all and found it unique (of course I didn't know about AAA at that time), but after only one single show I got used to TNA with 4 sides. Ring shape doesn't matter, the in ring action does. Having said that, highflyers can capitalise on 6 sides by attacking literally from all over the place. However, most non highflyers will look like they are ignoring the possibillities of the 6-sides so it may make them look a bit awkward at times.

4. It's a wrestling ring, not a little goat yard.
Don't you dare try to badmouth anything that has anything to do with goats!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Four sides. The six sided ring just looked indy - I remember I stumbled across Impact! a few years ago, before I was the TNA mark I am today, and just laughed at the ring and turned over the channel. I wouldn't react the same way now - but I'm sure it would turn a lot of people off.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I really dont like that ramp either, it just doesnt look right. It also ruins things like suicide dives, springboards and just generally throwing people out the front of the ring, when you throw someone out of the ring and stand there getting the crowds applause and the guys just staring back at you from the same level it takes away all the authoritiveness it usually has and, to reiterate, just doesnt look right.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
The ramp is great. :confused: I think so at least...
It's a stupid addition. The ramp was used in the 90's with a few WCW and ECW shows. It restricts moves and it's only there because Hulk Hogan can't walk into a ring. Now if it was completely destroyed at Hardcore Justice...

Also, I'm sure that Hulk Hogan intended to destroy the six sides on its last appearance but it didn't happen because the fans would literally shit on him. Then again, he did get shit on at Genesis.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts