Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Four sided

Votes: 13 48.1%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you like it? What are it's benefits versus the squared circle?

I'm not trolling, but I personally can't get into Impact simply because I can't watch anyone wrestle in that ring. I think it's the stupidest looking thing. It makes everything look awkward.

·
Registered
230 Posts
4 Sides all the way, I just find when they run the ropes its so awkward to know what direction to use. Although 6 sides of steel looks so much better then 4.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hello there are several reason for preferring a 4 sided ring.

1. Most if not all wrestlers train on 4 sided ring. So when they go to impact wrestling they have to adjust to physics of 6 sided ring.

2. It is similar to driver manual car then an automatic car switching back can be difficult. So if a wrestler goes to NJPW or WWE .

Furthermore on this point they go loan to other companies they could get confused on contrasting differences between the 2 types of ring.

3. My other point from a visual standpoint it looks different watching the camera angles from a quadrilateral to a hexagonal ring. I find it off putting !

Yours

Farhan

·
Life is Good.
3,931 Posts
I have always enjoyed the six-sided one. It looks so weird, different, outlandish and non-traditional and that's what I love about it.

Was never a huge fan of TNA going four sided during the time Hogan was around.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
They both have pros and cons. TNA/Impact has changed the ring three times as they started with 4 sides, went to 6, back to 4 and now back to 6. I am sure it takes getting use to but in reality I would think it only affects coming off the ropes, etc from 1/2 way as 1/2 the ring is more traditional. Also with all the action in the middle of the ring, with the exception of the mat being a bit more tight, there is no difference. One big problem I have with the 6 sided is it means Impact needs to take the ring with them on the road all the time as opposed to if they used a 4 sided they could borrow ones from other promotions while on the road.

Reactions: scshaastin

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
As crucial as the six sided ring was to the inventiveness of the X-Division and TNA's identiy as a company, its too hard on the wrestlers. That's why guys like Austin Aries were angry when they brought it back.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,425 Posts
I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to a wrestling ring. four-sided ring just looks better to me. Plus based off of what I've heard about the wrestlers' opinions of the six-sided ring, it seems like they prefer working in the four-sided ring.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
Yeah ultimately I think going back to a 4 sided ring would help bring in talent as it's widely known that the boys hate the 6 sided ring.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
As much as I love 6 sides I still think with the new owners they should go with 4. I see how it will always look like they are trying to hard and its gimmicky. Also people going on about the x division. People that have seen this company since 2002. Know that the x division looks better and works better in 4. Vest matches from that division are from that era. Plus ultimate x looks way better with a proper x with 4. It was designed with that Ring

Again I love 6 sides and the steel cage but better growth will come with 4.if they wanna have that global presence with all the promotions that's also a reason to go with 4

·
Registered
5 Posts
I prefer the 6 sides with impact as it sets them different from most of the other promotions but the direction their going with the global partners it makes more sense to have the traditional 4 sides. As the post above states it makes more sense to go 4 sides to aid the growth and direction their now going.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts