Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm young, 17. Haven't had much success in the past with girls, I tend to not put myself out there, I guess one could say I'm a little scared of rejection and I lack a load of confidence. Anyway, this is besides the point. Obviously I'm single. I have had girls in the past, though.

This year, most of my mates started getting girlfriends. The amount of people in my friendship group in a relationship is probably around 3/4's. It got me thinking, is the couple life better than the single life?

I mean single life does have its quirks, you don't have to worry and be consistently paranoid. There is also no heartbreak, or fear of heartbreak. However, it does get quite lonely. If you're not getting much action, single life can be pretty depressing. Being in a couple also has its good and bads, so it seems. I'm extremely relaxed being single for the most part, I don't have to listen to any whining and put up with the drama's of being in a couple, but I do think about what it would be like to have somebody to love, and somebody that loved me.

I propose the question, for those who have experienced both, which is better, the single life or the couple life?

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See, I'm the same. Some nights I think, fuck being in a relationship, gotta put up with the bullshit and etc. But then comes the nights of loneliness when you think, I could really use someone right about now.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Edit : Felt my post was way too long so heres my response condensed

My answer is single , girlfriends are fucking annoying to put up with. Just haven't found the right one who wouldn't be annoying , think thats everyones story...

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply.

Anyway, this is me (a little wasted on the far right). I don't think it's getting the girls I have the problem with, I really don't know. I've had girls practically throw themselves at me... I lost a shitload of weight this year.

To be honest, I just wanna know if I'm missing out on much. Some people say the single life is great, others say being in a relationship is great. I'm guessing it all depends on the girl.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Oh I see , well you don't really have any reason to lack confidence , you look fairly good

I also kinda chopped out my whole response into 1 sentence lol

Yeah and I guess thats all anyone can really say it does depend on the girl , just gotta find one whos compatible. Which I haven't even properly pulled off myself so what can I say about that lol

·
Now THAT is a shared moment...
780 Posts
Both lives are great. You just need to have a good heart to heart with yourself and decide what exactly it is you want out of life at this point in time. Then whichever situation facilitates that the best go for that.

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh I see , well you don't really have any reason to lack confidence , you look fairly good

I also kinda chopped out my whole response into 1 sentence lol

Yeah and I guess thats all anyone can really say it does depend on the girl , just gotta find one whos compatible. Which I haven't even properly pulled off myself so what can I say about that lol
Cheers.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I'm single at the moment and it's great but life's always that bit better when you're with the right bird.

·
Banned
1,630 Posts
I have been with my girlfriend for 3 years now. I find it that there is a lot more good things in being in a relationship then being single.

·
Ichi Bakayaro
9,086 Posts
There are times when I really miss being in a relationship, but then I remember that most girls around here are trashy and not even worth the trouble. Maturity, honesty, and intelligence are all important to me, sex is not.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
^That (sex) certainly is the only motivation for a relationship at a young age , no need for an actual companion till you support yourself and live alllll alone

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
Couples life for sure, without a doubt. I'm so much happier now with my girlfriend then I've been in a very long time, maybe even ever. Sure there is the possibility of heartbreak and there is the initial worrying about heartbreak but you get past that eventually. The pro's definitly out weight the con's when it comes to being in a relationship though.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I prefer being single, but I've never been in what I would class as a serious relationship. The longest relationship I've been in lasted 6 months (I'm 19) and I wasn't in love. Being single is a lot easier and you don't have to worry about getting your heart broken or accidently upsetting someone by talking to the wrong person or some other such crap. I think it would be different if I was actually in love with someone, then it would probably be better to be in a couple (As long as kids are not part of the equation!)

1 - 20 of 142 Posts