Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 129 Posts

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Re: Since WWE is "entertainment" then why do they check for drugs if it's not a sport

Ok, tell me then..what is the difference between the WWE today vs. Hollywood? Again think about it, do you think the MUSIC INDUSTRY will shut down, be at fault, be sued, be tarnished now that Amy Winehouse passed away? The answer no.

Did the movie industry take blame, shut down, be at fault for every actors/actresses death? The answer no.

·
Not Everybody Likes Us
473 Posts
Re: Since WWE is "entertainment" then why do they check for drugs if it's not a sport

It's just like any other job out there that has a health risk factor. Drug testing (in theory) assures that people aren't doing there jobs while under the influence, and in turn, putting others in harm's way.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts

Ok, tell me then..what is the difference between the WWE today vs. Hollywood?
... fpalm

·
Premium Member
18,132 Posts

Ok, tell me then..what is the difference between the WWE today vs. Hollywood? Again think about it, do you think the MUSIC INDUSTRY will shut down, be at fault, be sued, be tarnished now that Amy Winehouse passed away? The answer no.

Did the movie industry take blame, shut down, be at fault for every actors/actresses death? The answer no.
fpalm.

Do you not care about the individual performers and their wellbeing? Vince has to protect them whatever way the can.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts

Are you talking steroids or more non conventional drugs?

Illegal drugs are illegal anywhere.
Steroids have had their bad effects in lots of places, but if controlled right then lots of people use them just to build up.

In saying that, no they shouldn't be allowed purely for the reason that all the other people who have worked their asses off getting into shape and pushing themselves to the limit could just get shunned aside by talentless hacks on steroid trips.

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

... fpalm
That's a spam of an answer if i've read one.

There is no difference between hollywood and wwe entertainment. If anything WWE is a system that tries to get its actors/actresses involved in various media/outlets and ventures throughout hollywood..ie Cena (marine), Kane (see no evil), Austin, Triple H, etc..

·
Registered
11,113 Posts

Because abusing steroids and painkillers can kill these guys hell Randy Orton nearly lost his life and the OP questions why drugs are weeded out? It might not be a real sport but they can still die

·
Premium Member
18,132 Posts

That's a spam of an answer if i've read one.

There is no difference between hollywood and wwe entertainment. If anything WWE is a system that tries to get its actors/actresses involved in various media/outlets and ventures throughout hollywood..ie Cena (marine), Kane (see no evil), Austin, Triple H, etc..
If Drugs are taking over someone's life to the point where they can't perform they will be fired in Hollywood. It's the same in the WWE. Thats why there is drug tests.

Plus this is more dangerous that Hollywood. Remember Jeff Hardy when he came out high against Sting? Not only did he put himself in danger but another human being.

Stop being an idiot and trying to make stupid comparisons

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts

Ok, tell me then..what is the difference between the WWE today vs. Hollywood? .
Because Musicians and Actors are more independent than Wrestlers. When a Musician dies they are looked upon as being independent. Musicians write their music and sing their songs. Perhaps a record label will publish it ect.

When a Wrestler dies people look at the Company which is almost responsible for checking whether or not those Wrestlers are taking drugs. A Wrestler does what the company it works for wants it to do. Wrestlers do not work independently.

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts

Why shouldn't they check for drugs? They're dangerous and illegal, and addictions have fucked up way too many of wrestling's stars.

·
Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts
5,594 Posts

An actor isn't directly responsible for the safety of their co-workers. A wrestler puts his health and possibly life in another person's hands.

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Because abusing steroids and painkillers can kill these guys hell Randy Orton nearly lost his life and the OP questions why drugs are weeded out? It might not be a real sport but they can still die
I understand drugs can kill. That's not what i'm arguing. I'm saying that the WWE should not need to feel obligated to test anymore for drugs. They are not the "sports" company anymore, they are and have been associating under the "entertainment" brand/product for years. Just like in hollywood or in any type of entertainment business across the globe, you don't hear headlines that an actor or a musician is suspended for drugs do you? The same should be done within the WWE, they should treat their employees equally as they do in hollywood. Sin Cara would still be working in Hollywood today.

·
Registered
592 Posts

Maybe I am a little bit slow, but you want wrestlers to use roids and take painkillers and drugs and stuff?

Really? Really? REALLY?

ehhm why?Didn't already die enough people because of this?

·
Registered
4,998 Posts

Despite not being a sport, pro wrestling still takes a hard toll on the body, and using drugs will just add more damage, which a lot of times, has proven to be fatal.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts

If Drugs are taking over someone's life to the point where they can't perform they will be fired in Hollywood. It's the same in the WWE. Thats why there is drug tests.

Plus this is more dangerous that Hollywood. Remember Jeff Hardy when he came out high against Sting? Not only did he put himself in danger but another human being.

Stop being an idiot and trying to make stupid comparisons
Yeah listen to the guy with Charlie Adam in his sig, or he'll stick the heed in ye!

·
Registered
592 Posts

I understand drugs can kill. That's not what i'm arguing. I'm saying that the WWE should not need to feel obligated to test anymore for drugs. They are not the "sports" company anymore, they are and have been associating under the "entertainment" brand/product for years. Just like in hollywood or in any type of entertainment business across the globe, you don't hear headlines that an actor or a musician is suspended for drugs do you? The same should be done within the WWE, they should treat their employees equally as they do in hollywood. Sin Cara would still be working in Hollywood today.
We posted on the same time just ignore my previous post.
The answer is simple they can not afford another lawsuit.
They already had one and the law has an eye on WWE.
Wrestling doesn't work like the usuall entertainment buisiness.
Musicians and Actors are more free lanced like a Wrestler.

·
Premium Member
18,132 Posts

In hollywood Sin Cara taking drugs couldn't possibly cause another man harm.

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

Oh my 8*D
you've been here how long and you want to spam this? and look at page 2 where you respond by calling me an idiot
No you don't.

1. Because you are a fucking idiot.
so yeah i called you out and called you what you called me, an idiot.

Anyways, my point is not for drugs, it's rather that people like Sin Cara would still be working today and not be affected under normal "entertainment" procedures. WWE is no different.

·
Banned
146 Posts

You must be the idiot for not realizing that actors/actresses/ musicians have died too fool for drugs but you don't see holloywood taking the blame, it falls on the ones who "choose" to do drugs. Same with the WWE, it falls on the wrestlers who "choose" to do drugs, not the company. Look at Amy Winehouse and tell me if the "Music Industry" will shut down cuz of her? Will they sue the "Music Industry?"
You're a retard. When a superstar dies of drug use the fingers point to the wwe. Do you think they want bad press? WWE have a responsibility towards the performers especially as it is such a dangerous profession. You are an idiot.

21 - 40 of 129 Posts