Wrestling Forum banner

Since when can anyone sign someone else's contract, so it applies to them?

1975 33
Last week a friend of mine took a new job. I talked to him on the phone and he told me he was going down the next day to sign a contract. If I had ambushed him in the lobby of the office, and ran up and signed my name to the contract, does that mean I would have gotten the job even though his name is obviously all over it and he was the one they planned to hire?

This pisses me off. HBK did the same thing before WM20 to make it a triple threat match between Benoit/HHH/HBK. It's a stupid storyline and makes no sense. If JBL's name is on the contract, it doesn't become a contract applicable to someone else just because they sign their name to it.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
1,932 Posts
It's fucking WWE..
Yeah, which is exactly why it sucks lol.

WWE Creative paints with their fingers on construction paper.

· Premium Member
476 Posts
I know, probably the only way they could of got him into the match.

Did anyone see the contract on Smackdown between Del Rio and Edge, they both signed the front page that said Smackdown World Heavyweight Title. Looked like it had been made in Microsoft Word in 3 minutes.

· Banned
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No one answered my question.

Had I attacked my friend in the lobby of the building, gone up to the office he was headed to, and signed the contract intended for him, would I have gotten the job? I think I'll try it sometime and see how it goes when I sign a contract intended for someone else.

· Registered
8,239 Posts

Had I attacked my friend in the lobby of the building, gone up to the office he was headed to, and signed the contract intended for him, would I have gotten the job? I think I'll try it sometime and see how it goes when I sign a contract intended for someone else.
If all the things in wrestling, that's what your big beef is???

It's not the Leprechauns living under the ring???

Or the Zombie Outlaws???

Or the elderly women who give birth hands???

· Registered
4,669 Posts

If you're going to do something from a television show to see if it works in real life, why don't you try getting hit by a bus. I've seen people survive that all the time, no problem.

· Registered
7,396 Posts
:lmao at the op

· HOPE
20,241 Posts
Shawn Michaels got into the WM XX main event the same way. It's one of those things that seems amazingly stupid when you actually think about it, but I guess there's a lot of that stuff in pro wrestling (and WWE in particular).

· Registered
2,780 Posts

:lmao

You gonna lose sleep tonight over this shit?

· Registered
1,109 Posts
Last week a friend of mine took a new job. I talked to him on the phone and he told me he was going down the next day to sign a contract. If I had ambushed him in the lobby of the office, and ran up and signed my name to the contract, does that mean I would have gotten the job even though his name is obviously all over it and he was the one they planned to hire?

This pisses me off. HBK did the same thing before WM20 to make it a triple threat match between Benoit/HHH/HBK. It's a stupid storyline and makes no sense. If JBL's name is on the contract, it doesn't become a contract applicable to someone else just because they sign their name to it.
Okay, it's the WWE. In real life contracts have the persons name printed on the contract as a legal requirement. Again, this is the WWE. Do you think anyone else in another business can beat up their boss and still have a job, get fired but show up each week and cause havoc without being arrested? Can hang another employee and have a job? No of course not because the WWE is a soap opera and in the WWE Soap Opera universe, anything goes.

· DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
14,509 Posts
holy shit. i've had some criticisms with the WWE and their absurd lack of any sense of realism but this really takes the cake. i mean wtf.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.