Wrestling Forum banner

Since The Rock and Stone Cold returned...

1914 Views 19 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  Cactus_Flagg
Is it just me or most of the guys in the WWE roster just seems completely uninteresting? In fact, I thought the whole show tonight was boring beside the Austin/JBL/Cole segment. Yes, Austin and Rock have made the ratings increase but what will happen after Wrestlemania? Both guys will be gone and I'm sure lots of people will realise how boring the WWE is without those legends.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Proud Pastafarian =)
4,066 Posts
I still like the younger guys more because i know those guys won't be around past WM

Tho i have to admit the return segments have been cool

· Registered
865 Posts
The returns do make the roster seem really lackluster in terms of crowd connection and promo ability, but I think it can work in their favour. The roster will have to step up their game to look better with the returnees leaving, and it seems that WWE is being a little lax with wat they are allowed to say on the mic, so they might also ease up them and let them improv a little more.

· Banned
154 Posts
Nope. I still find Miz damn interesting (when he's booked to be).

Orton was great tonight. Much better than the character-less, emotion-less being he was last year. Punk's doing a solid job as 2nd heel. Daniel Bryan if given the chance could put on the best matches on any card. Sheamus is interesting to me, I'm a fan of his. Del Rio/Edge/Christian is building nicely. Michael Cole is one of the best things going around at the moment.

· The Sundance Kid
47,276 Posts
Since The Rock and Stone Cold returned...

There has been less and less wrestling.

Don't get me wrong, Stone Cold is awesome as was his segment tonight. I just wish there was more wrestling than there has been lately.

· Cutting promos on other Mc's...
3,303 Posts
I was uninterested in these guys before Rock and Austin came in. Most of the guys they are building for the future I can't stand.
Unfortunatly have to agree with this. I don't even really have any favourites on the roster atm well besides Punk but anyone who denies the talent he has is either blind or a "casual, what's kayfabe? cEnA rUlEs" type of fan...

· Registered
2,310 Posts
Its sad cause out of the new generation The Miz is the only one who sticks out as far as mic talent goes.If only JoMo and the rest of the boys could add mic skills with their ring skills we'd have some interesting matches on RAW.Its not the 4-5 minutes, its what you do with the 4-5 minutes that matters the real secret is to be noticed you have to make all your moments seem like the last and thats the difference between The Attitude era vs Todays era.Back n The Rocks heyday almost half that lockeroom talked the good talk and wrestled to sell their stories.

· SWAG/SPICE
41,146 Posts
Thats the thing, the older stars are getting their final appreciation, and to me it seems as if after MANIA the WWE is gonna start pulling their shit together with the new talent that they have. Ziggler is definitely gonna be a factor this year, he has improved a lot. WWE probably knew that we wanted all these old stars to be in the same place 1 last time and now we got it.

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Stone Cold is more boring then the several on the Raw roster these days. Same old thing over and over again.

The Rock will Always be bigger then anyone else. No problem with that.
Ive grown up as a Rock fan & not an Austin fan but I feel completely the other way regarding this.

Ive criticized Austin a lot in these forums but his returns has been GOOD imo.It served its purpose.I DID not expect him to COMPLEYELY blow the crowd,with so many returns down the years.

The Rock although still has undenyable charisma & massive crowd connect is a pale shadown of his former shelf.The same old catchphrase.He speaks & speaks but says nothing worthwhile.Sometimes I wonder if this is the very same wrestler for whom I marked for,for the the 1st time.I'm begining to find his promos lame,which is sad.Maybe Ive had much more expectations but

· Registered
8,175 Posts
I'm a huge fan of the Rock's and have fond memories of Austin, but I'm not yearning for them to come back full-time. Not because the new guys are that great, either.

I think they've deserved the role of legends and a once in a blue moon return is a wonderful thing.

If they both returned full-time, I think it would get real old real fast.

Like when Bret Hart came back last year. There were so many posts saying welcome back Bret, and about how awesome it was to see Bret after so long, etc. By the end of his run people here were begging him to go away.

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Triple H vs Taker will be hands down better than the two title matches.

The Rock and Austin have been brought back, cool as that is, simply because no one that has joined in the last 5 years has been entertaining in any way, shape, or form. This is a reflection that the WWE is relying on old star power to make Mania, cool.

Everyone keeps saying how great ADR is and all I see him doing is walking around grinning. Swagger, pushed to the top way too early like Sheamus and now look at him. Look at Sheamus. Sheamus has been relegated to midcard where Barrett is going to be hurtling towards soon. I mean at least Barret actually seems like a cool wrestler, without him the rest of Corre are doomed. Same with Punk and Nexus, if Punk goes, those guys are doomed.

It's seriously like McMahon doesnt have a clue what to do with anyone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.