Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
44,384 Posts
WWE has fostered an environment that created a generation of fans that are only there to see entrances, hear catchphrases, and see pretty moves.

And you have those life long wrestling fans that'll watch no matter what.

Mix the two together and you have the typical live audience for a WWE event.

·
Registered
302 Posts
It's usually a mixed bag. If I get a few great matches and/or memorable moments, it's usually worth it.

I bought a ticket for WM and altho the show is far too long, I still enjoyed it overall. Seeing Angle inducted and walk out at Mania, Hardy Boyz returns to win a ladder match, Shane/AJ, Brock and Goldberg were all moments/matches I truly enjoyed with the rest either being bad or just good.

Same goes with my annual trips to Summerslam. I went to all of them in LA (5 I believe ) and the past few in Brooklyn. I'm from California and happened to move to NY coincidentally and have for the most part never been dissapointed (The year with the Nexus was pretty lame but I enjoyed the Nexus tag itself).

I have been to Raw in recent years and regretted it. Most recently fooled into going to the one in Brooklyn two weeks before Mania and truly feel the show was garbage overall (Did enjoy Foley's last appearance and Sami vs Joe). The days of just seeing my favorites live left when I was a kid. I need to actually see something happen or get some in ring work.

I do think I'd go to a SD Live if given the opportunity, I tend to always enjoy their shows from an entertainment standpoint.

To truly answer the question, to have a good time. That is all. PPV's are still fun and almost always worth the price of admission.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
i have tickets to an upcoming raw and I couldnt tell you the last time I watched it on television. Ok, scratch that, I watched it at work a few weeks back, but prior to that I might catch the Raw after Mania but thats about it.

Reactions: DarkLady

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Because they still want to see their favourite wrestlers?
That was it for me. I went to see Takeover: Toronto live. Was the only event I ever bought tickets for. I bought them almost exclusively because I wanted to see Asuka and Nakamura. Both of their entrances were worth what I paid for my tickets. They were spectacular. The crowd was fun all night. The actual matches honestly come in third, and it was a particularly GOOD show match-wise by WWE standards.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Smackdown and Raw are basically glorified house shows now so it makes sense that the tv product being bad doesn't hurt ticket sales as much. For example having the guys in the Fatal 5 way just have variations of matches with each other might be a slug to sit through on tv but Roman vs Seth would be fun to see live.

·
Banned
879 Posts
because they want to see their favorite talents. after all, not everything revolves around the current fotc (nor should it). ya know?

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,682 Posts
It's because they want the live experience to see the performers in action in person. Also want to see their stars and woman wrestlers wrestle in the ring. As well as to get on television.

Now I will say this as myself since I am included. I haven't bought a single ticket since the sales for WM 33, I sold mine due to the crappy card that we got.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts