Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I don't see how WWE would have a problem with his size either. They really liked Husky Harris and he was bigger than Joe.

The fact that he also has connections with Cena and Punk and was trained by Regal. WWE should really take a look at him and possibly sign him.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Would like Colt Cabana in WWE better, but nothing against Joe. It's sad how TNA uses him...

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
^That's cause the whole new nexus stuff was bad. Otunga,McGilicutty ended up staying,but that's cause they had the tag titles and WWE didn't know who to make them lose it to.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Yeah, it could worked. Friends with WWE Superstars and trained by a WWE superstar. I see how this could happen, and it wouldn't really matter about his size.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Joe sucks right now, but If he had some coaching and people telling him what to do character wise, I think he could do very well. Some guys do really well freelancing. Samoa joe does not, and the WWE system of organized writing and direction could save his career. Would love to see it

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
This is from around the start of the year,

Credit: Lords Of Pain.com

After his previous long-term deal with TNA Wrestling expired earlier this month, former TNA champion Samoa Joe has signed a new deal with the company.

TNA President Dixie Carter wrote on Twitter this afternoon:

"Proud to report the re-signing of Samoa Joe! I feel good knowing that I have a focused & determined Samoan on my side. Congrats to us both!"

There had been reports this week that despite Joe's free agency, there was little to no interest from WWE.

According to PWInsider.com, Joe's new TNA deal is believed to be for 2 or 3 years.

I read somewhere else around the same time that the contract was definitely for three years so that would tie him to TNA until the start of 2014 unless he were to be released which is unlikely or was able to free himself up which again is unlikely. I'm afraid that Samoa Joe is stuck in TNA for a long time yet and he will spend his peak years of his career being booked poorly despite being hotter than anyone else in the wrestling industry in between 2005 and 2007 other than John Cena in my opinion.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
I never knew he was friends with Cena but knew he is close to Joe

Joe could be an absolute star, his character is more like Austin's than anyone in Wrestling today

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Yes he does but he will need to go to FCW, Tyler Black has 11 months in FCW, Samao Joe will be there for more then that

·
The Man
25,715 Posts
Does being friends with Cena really help a ton. He says guys have bright futures then buries them. I've heard he liked Bourne and Bourne hasn't done anything until winning the tag titles and that's not a whole lot right now. I would say being friends with Punk help a lot more.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts