Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't it seem as if Rey's spotlight is being stolen by Sin Cara. I mean to say, they both wear masks and have a similar face gimmick. I personally believe Sin Cara will be better than Rey ever was. Even the kids are wearing Sin's mask not Rey's. Any comments on sin?

· Registered
82 Posts
He has a lot to live upto if he is going to be as significant as Rey, he may be capable though.

· Banned
807 Posts
For mestryio to keep his high popularity, he would have to work harder and be more impressive than Cara.Luckly each is on a different brand..but one day they will collide

· The Cornerstone Of The Corner Store
3,386 Posts
Doesn't it seem as if Rey's spotlight is being stolen by Sin Cara. I mean to say, they both wear masks and have a similar face gimmick. I personally believe Sin Cara will be better than Rey ever was. Even the kids are wearing Sin's mask not Rey's. Any comments on sin?
If you're talking about those kids from this past Monday, I'd assume they weren't wearing Mysterio masks because he doesn't even wrestle on that brand so it makes no sence to wear his masks there.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Too early to tell. WAY too early to tell. If I was to take a guess, I would say Mysterio simply because Sin Cara has a lot to live up to. Mysterio is such a legendary figure that it's going to be hard to eclipse him. That, and the fact that they're both small guys who wear masks probably means that the fans are always going to see Sin Cara as a duplicate of Rey or knockoff version, much in the same way Swagger is considered an Angle knockoff.

Also, it needs to be taken into account that Sin Cara cannot speak English, and even though I'm sure he'll learn eventually, for the time being, it could be a detriment to putting him on the path to eclipsing Rey. I know Rey's a shit promo, but Sin Cara not speaking English period may result in some fans not being able to warm up to him the way they would otherwise. People will have nothing to attach themselves to about his character, he'll just be a guy who does stunts.

It's also worth pointing out that Rey Mysterio's look is absolutely fucking phenomenal for an underdog babyface. He has the perfect sympathetic, underdog hero look. Because nobody can see Sin Cara's face whatsoever, we'll never get to see his expressions during a match as he takes bumps, as he gains momentum, if he feels like he's in trouble. This is a big part in connecting with the audience and Rey is able to do this perfectly. His expressions are top notch and always add to what's going on.

However, I suppose it can be done, but it's going to be difficult. I will say it can't hurt Sin Cara that he's bigger than Rey...

· Registered
5,747 Posts
Wrestling will never be as big. Ray wins, not due to being a better ambassador. Though, speaking english may help one day...

· Registered
244 Posts
Like Wrex said this is wayyyy too earlier to tell. How can people even say how big Sin Cara will be? They have no idea? For all we know in ten years wrestling could be far bigger than it is now and Sin Cara could be the staple in the WWE that Rey once was. Far too early, I get why people are making the comparisons but I almost wish they wouldn't. Enjoy Cara for what he is, not for comparing him to Rey. That's silly.

· Banned
132 Posts
Rey Mysterio is bigger by MILES!

First of all, Rey Mysterio has more fans.

Second of all, Rey Mysterio knows ENGLISH!

Third of all, Rey Mysterio cuts FANTASTIC promos! Even better than Cm Overrated.

Fourth of all, Rey Mysterio has more experience.

Final reason, Rey Mysterio is just more entertaining!

· Wrestling is better while drinking
2,055 Posts
Rey paved the way for Sin Cara. I seriously doubt Sin Cara can be more significant as far a WWE career. As far as the future, it is Sin Cara unless he drops the ball, but he has a lot of obstacles without speaking any english

· Registered
4,888 Posts
Regardless of his innovative high flying Rey is actually a seriously good worker with brilliant selling, facials and an incredible ability to absorb the crowd into the match. Its not just a question of Cara doing loads of crazy moves and being hailed as the next Mysterio, the moves actually have to mean something if he is going to become as meaningful as Rey. At the moment his painfully contrived finisher is an absolute joke.

· Registered
5,005 Posts
Like Wrex said this is wayyyy too earlier to tell. How can people even say how big Sin Cara will be? They have no idea? For all we know in ten years wrestling could be far bigger than it is now and Sin Cara could be the staple in the WWE that Rey once was. Far too early, I get why people are making the comparisons but I almost wish they wouldn't. Enjoy Cara for what he is, not for comparing him to Rey. That's silly.
I agree its unfair to compare a newbie to WWE to someone who is already established. Rey & Eddie broke the mold for luchadors to make it in the big leagues. I would hope Sin Cara carves his own legend.

· Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,603 Posts
Rey is already significantly.... significant.

All those years of jumping and multiple surgeries has worn out the springs in Rey's knees. This guy has been wrestling since he was 14. Its sad but he already has hit his peak, multiple times! Not much more 'potential'.

Rey in WCW could do just about everything.

· Registered
1,485 Posts
Sin Cara is already better than Rey was when he was younger but the real question is will his career be better. Mysterio has had some great matches and pretty much done it all so those will be big shoes to fill.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.