Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
No Mercy
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NoDQ.

"Sin Cara (real name Jorge Arias) has asked for his release from WWE. Here is a rough English translation of what he posted on social media in Spanish:

Last night, after praying and considering it a lot, thinking about my children and their future, I made one of the most difficult but sensible decisions I have had to make in my professional wrestling career; I have asked for my WWE release.

Since I was a kid, all I wanted to do was fight and all my life I have made decisions and sacrifices to put myself in a position to fulfill that dream. There are 20 long years of experience and total dedication to my sport that I love and respect. I have traveled the world, met incredible people and fought for the incredible fans of the WWE Universe.

I am so grateful for the opportunity they gave me, however, I realized that I am trapped in a place where I am not valued as an athlete or talent. I have worked hard and honestly for many years to polish my trade, I have been loyal, respectful, a team player, support and I have patiently waited for the opportunity to show the world everything I can do. Unfortunately, after all these years, that opportunity never lingo nor do I feel that I will ever arrive as long as I remain where I am.

The best years of my professional wrestling career are coming and I think the best is yet to come! I am a healthy man, disciplined, respectful of my profession and its environment, of my companions and mainly of the public to whom I have never failed. This is not the end, on the contrary, this is the beginning of the next chapter and I am excited for what the future holds! (Isaiah 43: 18-19)

I want to thank WWE for this incredible chapter, always be grateful. The important thing, thanks to the WWE Universe for its unwavering support and to all my public that in all parts of the world has supported me and showed its affection, the only way I can correspond is by continuing to provide myself with all the delivery, passion and professionalism that I have always demonstrated. Thank you from the bottom of my heart."

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
All the best to him. Always respected the guy. He worked hard, gave his all. It's just that he's in a zeitgeist that would make it practically impossible to stand out in that crowd, and the Sin Cara character has been damaged enough.

I feel like AAA is on an upswing right now so he'd do great going back there. Of course, there's always still US options, more than ever now.

·
I'm Just A Sick Guy.
1,884 Posts
Posting this before his release has been granted may not have been the best move.

·
I'm Just A Sick Guy.
1,884 Posts
If you literally sign a contract agreeing to do something you can't just peace-out when you have a bad week or the grass looks greener somewhere else. You have to be good to your word as a man.

If I ran my own business and one of my contracted employees offered his resignation to the world online via social media before I'd granted it I'd be pissed.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I give him credit for asking, but I doubt they'll grant it. There's a bunch of people unhappy there, but the bottom line is that they signed a contract. Chances are you'll be there until its up.

·
Registered
10,838 Posts
If you literally sign a contract agreeing to do something you can't just peace-out when you have a bad week or the grass looks greener somewhere else. You have to be good to your word as a man.

If I ran my own business and one of my contracted employees offered his resignation to the world online via social media before I'd granted it I'd be pissed.
But WWE can fire you and only owe you three months pay?

·
Registered
2,854 Posts

Pretty much this. I can understand him wanting out. He probably is about as high on the card as he is going to go in the WWE.

But, whatever beef he has with his employer is between him and his employer.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I feel like he should have waited for an answer before posting that so they don't try to hold him in it even longer because of that, sure as hell wouldn't be the first person to have their release request denied and be stuck there for longer.

In the chance it does get granted I wish him the best, solid in the ring even if the Sin Cara character is so damaged after all these years.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
I'd be legit surprised if that let him out of that contract before it expires. For his sake, I hope he doesn't have much longer.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts

Except WWE has always granted releases, so yes, you can just peace out when you want to, it's part of the business. They just won't do it now because some start up organization that's never going to grow has them shook, which makes them look bad.

You don't want an employee who's unhappy and doesn't want to be there, and gets even madder when you won't let them go. They can embarrass you publicly, put other workers in danger with the lack of effort they put in, etc. It's more efficient to just let him go. He's not doing any harm to WWE.

·
Banned
894 Posts

Well, they are "independent contractors" according to "WWE law". You can't tell me that if somewhere along the line (for example a 3 year deal) things don't go right, or was told that you were guaranteed something and never got it (which is what we hear almost all of the time, when someone wants out or is already out) that it's fair game to ruin his life, his career? If it was the other way around and he didn't perform to the best of his abilities, he'd be fired. Remember, this is a business and if you're not getting what you paid for, that contract can be torn up. Let him leave, give him three months pay and enforce the 90-day no-compete clause into effect. It's not a coincidence that the majority of mid-card talent want out, regardless of how much they're being paid. If you're willing to sacrifice that, I see no reason a talent cannot be granted a release.

Contracts can ALWAYS be worked around. That's what lawyers are for.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts