Wrestling Forum banner

Simple Smackdown! Wallpaper

452 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  KontaKt
My first piece of work in a while - give or take the Wrestlemania entry in the other area

This was mopped up in an hour just now guess I just wanted to get something onto the canvas. It's worth noting I'm not exactly a fan of the mesh background and I will be dabbling around with the icey clouds around the logo

Overall it's a plain brand display

I also notice with such poster designs involving wrestlers, footballers or any other sportsman a distinct contrast in the quality of images meaning that the skin colours and depths of each superstar etc messes up the effect

If they were all the same source with the same sizings it'd look a lot better. That being said I'm going to have to add a lot more variety to pieces like this because I simply run out of ideas with still renders. Especially when they are posing, being able to adopt a better set of skills I'm hoping will make a significant change soon.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback it's always nice to hear from you guys.

I agree 100% with the whole flat looking (ness) of the overall design - it looks more like it's been stamped on than it has any life to it. I'll have to address that with future wallpapers so hopefully you'll see an improvement.

I appreciate the compliments Stratus, Prons and Sarnus

---------------------------------------------

Newest piece - May change placement of the typography perhaps make the top left more visible.

· FUCK WHAT YOU THINK
14,459 Posts
Hello.

~ In terms of composition it's pretty solid; the space is adequately filled and it's lit well enough. It's consistent.

~ The problems I have are that there isn't anything 'popping' out at you. The blending of your PSD's is too random & too 'cut out'; ie. they look like five separate entities placed in a pattern when they should be one collective entity that you've carefully blended, colour graded and arranged.

~ You say you aren't a fan of the mesh background and I agree. For a start, the top is almost too blue. It's overbearing. I rate the bottom half around the logo though; I think the clouds are blended well. The issue is that it's not very spectacular; you aren't exactly pushing the boat out here. Push yourself!

~ That Christian PSD seems a little undersized. Small detail but it threw me off.

Keep going. You have a solid foundation, but you should def be experimenting more with blending/grading when it comes to your main images.

Hope I helped.

· Premium Member
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello.

~ In terms of composition it's pretty solid; the space is adequately filled and it's lit well enough. It's consistent.

~ The problems I have are that there isn't anything 'popping' out at you. The blending of your PSD's is too random & too 'cut out'; ie. they look like five separate entities placed in a pattern when they should be one collective entity that you've carefully blended, colour graded and arranged.

~ You say you aren't a fan of the mesh background and I agree. For a start, the top is almost too blue. It's overbearing. I rate the bottom half around the logo though; I think the clouds are blended well. The issue is that it's not very spectacular; you aren't exactly pushing the boat out here. Push yourself!

~ That Christian PSD seems a little undersized. Small detail but it threw me off.

Keep going. You have a solid foundation, but you should def be experimenting more with blending/grading when it comes to your main images.

Hope I helped.
Hey mate thanks for the advice my apologies for not noticing the post earlier!

Ya know reading those points I do fully agree with you and will take note if I decide to make anything in the future. I guess it's finding a balance between stocks / renders that don't overwhelm nor underwhelm an overall image, wrestlers generally speaking I find much harder to add to the composition of the piece due to them being static - wrestling moves as I'm sure you may well know hardly look attractive or distinctive on a canvas on rendered compared to say a footballer taking a shot

Anywho again I greatly appreciate the thanks hopefully you'll see some form of improvement next time!

Not really a fan of the splatter on the Smackdopwn logo, but the rest is good. I understand how hard it to find stocks/renders with similar hues, qualities, etc.
Cheers - the resources are easy enough to come by it's having an idea in your head and executing it while at the same time making it interesting enough.

Hopefully as said above I'll improve significantly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.