Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in a number of different threads, I've seen Finn Balor come up in speculation along the lines of, "He's gonna pop up at Wrestlemania and help Rollins!" or, "He's gonna reappear and go for X title!" ect ect.

So all those predictions notwithstanding, Finn Balor's billed weight is one hundred and ninety pounds, and I cannot help but notice that one hundred and ninety is a lower number than two hundred and five. Of course, Balor wasn't a cruiserweight in the first place because 205 Live didn't exist until three months after he was injured.

So... have some people not notice that Finn is kinda little, or did I miss something and there some way that they're going to avoid giving him a Neville-style rebranding among the Cruiserweights? (He could, of course, gain 16 pounds)

·
Great One?..
10,790 Posts
Neville wasn't supposed to be a Cruiserweight either, the only reason he is, is because he's about 3 inches shorter than Balor as well as helping build the division.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finn Balor is a top-tier guy, one of HHH's golden boys, a main eventer who they picked to be their first Universal Champion. He's not going to the cruiserweights.
He's a golden boy who's been on the shelf for seven months and counting (although he is at least back in-ring again). They tossed Neville into the cruiserweights and made him the big-shot monster heel.
Doesn't seem like a bad deal.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
He's a golden boy who's been on the shelf for seven months and counting (although he is at least back in-ring again). They tossed Neville into the cruiserweights and made him the big-shot monster heel.
Doesn't seem like a bad deal.
I don't really understand what you're asking, or the point you're trying to make. Finn Balor is literally working Triple H on the house shows. He's a main event guy. His weight has nothing to do with it. They won't even talk about it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Finn Balor is a top-tier guy, one of HHH's golden boys, a main eventer who they picked to be their first Universal Champion. He's not going to the cruiserweights.
This. Finn Balor is a main eventer. One of the best wrestlers in the world (from same promotion as AJ Styles)

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
They believe he is a main event talent, so it likely won't come up. If he fails(30 or 40 times) I could see them shunting him to the cruiserweight side.

Of course it could also depend on if Vince tires of him or takes issue with his size. Vince still is in charge.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't really understand what you're asking, or the point you're trying to make. Finn Balor is literally working Triple H on the house shows. He's a main event guy. His weight has nothing to do with it. They won't even talk about it.
I'm not sure what "Literally working Triple H" means, but I donno, I just see lots of parallels between Balor and Neville, what with both of them debuting as "The little (as in kinda small) golden boy who overachieved at NXT"

What I DO know for sure is that when they're trying to push the cruisers, it kinda undermines the process when you say, "no no no, they can't have that guy, he's ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD"

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,322 Posts
In theory he's a cruiserweight but in reality WWE are not going to so much as entertain the idea unless he flops horribly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts