Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The year was 2019.

D-Day was quickly approaching. The sky was grey. the wind was brisk, snow was gently falling. The members of Wrestling Forum stood together in bitter silence as Vertical Scope was about to unveil a new layout. It was one absolutely no one was looking forward to. For many of us, this had been our internet wrestling home for years and years. No matter how much the members pleaded for no change, it was going ignored.

As the forum went in to maintenance mode to implement the 'new and improved' WF, members awaited anxiously, though an angry type of anxious, to see what VS had to offer us. They were taking the home we knew and loved and completely revamping it, claiming it was going to be better. It was going to be faster. It was going to be nicer.

The final seconds ticked away and the brand new WF was revealed to the hundreds of members.

The room filled with disgust. There was nothing better, faster, or nicer about WF. It was a shadow of it's former self.

Administrators asked for feedback from the members and were bombarded with negativity. Some features that were loved were taken away. The layout was incredibly bland and irritating to navigate. It was a big, ugly screen of vomit.

In the days to follow, more and more members disappeared. What was once an active, bumbling forum, became a desert filled with silence. Sections that were once a challenge to keep up with due to activity were drenched in threads that had gone unanswered in days, weeks, even months. Rants was once one of the most popular sections this forum had to offer and it is now deader than George Burns.

That day in 2019 was around the same time as COVID19's earliest reported cases in China. This day was the beginning of the end for not just the forum, but, for regular life as we know it. Since the change we have not only battled COVID19 but we have gone through rumors of WW3, the death of Kobe, murder hornets, racial unrest, the Tiger King documentary and Kanye announcing he wants to run for President.

July 10th, 2020. Yet another day of silence at WF.

·
Absolute Scumbag.
4,020 Posts
Still a shame the looters didn't burn down Vertical scopes offices (with no one in it of course).

I come back here every so often for old times sake and then leave once i remember what the moderators let happen here

·
Administrator
59,106 Posts
Still a shame the looters didn't burn down Vertical scopes offices (with no one in it of course).

I come back here every so often for old times sake and then leave once i remember what the moderators let happen here
The "moderators" have no control over VS ruining the forum. Nothing we can do about it. We're pissed off just like everyone else.

·
Registered
839 Posts
The year was 2019.

D-Day was quickly approaching. The sky was grey. the wind was brisk, snow was gently falling. The members of Wrestling Forum stood together in bitter silence as Vertical Scope was about to unveil a new layout. It was one absolutely no one was looking forward to. For many of us, this had been our internet wrestling home for years and years. No matter how much the members pleaded for no change, it was going ignored.

As the forum went in to maintenance mode to implement the 'new and improved' WF, members awaited anxiously, though an angry type of anxious, to see what VS had to offer us. They were taking the home we knew and loved and completely revamping it, claiming it was going to be better. It was going to be faster. It was going to be nicer.

The final seconds ticked away and the brand new WF was revealed to the hundreds of members.

The room filled with disgust. There was nothing better, faster, or nicer about WF. It was a shadow of it's former self.

Administrators asked for feedback from the members and were bombarded with negativity. Some features that were loved were taken away. The layout was incredibly bland and irritating to navigate. It was a big, ugly screen of vomit.

In the days to follow, more and more members disappeared. What was once an active, bumbling forum, became a desert filled with silence. Sections that were once a challenge to keep up with due to activity were drenched in threads that had gone unanswered in days, weeks, even months. Rants was once one of the most popular sections this forum had to offer and it is now deader than George Burns.

That day in 2019 was around the same time as COVID19's earliest reported cases in China. This day was the beginning of the end for not just the forum, but, for regular life as we know it. Since the change we have not only battled COVID19 but we have gone through rumors of WW3, the death of Kobe, murder hornets, racial unrest, the Tiger King documentary and Kanye announcing he wants to run for President.

July 10th, 2020. Yet another day of silence at WF.
So hold on, this forum is owned by a company?
All this time I thought it was independent and made by wrestling fans.

I did notice that some of the old members are either banned or missing for a while and the forum was not as active as it once was in late 2018 early 2019.

·
Southern Pride
3,547 Posts
I'm still waiting for when this forum is going to visually improve. We are what...7 or 8 months in to this new forum software thing and no matter what changes they make to it, it's still the same bland forum design that replaced what most prefers.

Also, the thing is that I haven't noticed any "performance improvements" from the old design since limiting features. All that this is doing is handcuffing the community.

I want what we had back too.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,661 Posts
Cat telling it how it is , you go girl, cat is one person u dont fucking mess with

Peace cat.

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
I know absolutely nothing about coding, so I'm sure there's a legit answer, but why is it so hard to have the Chatbox brought back?

Any shitty online pirated stream i watch always has a functional chatbox. Why are they able to do that but VS can't?

Doesn't make any sense to me

·
The Unoriginator
8,011 Posts
So hold on, this forum is owned by a company?
All this time I thought it was independent and made by wrestling fans.

I did notice that some of the old members are either banned or missing for a while and the forum was not as active as it once was in late 2018 early 2019.
This forum was privately owned by a guy until he sold it to Vertical Scope sometime in 2006. The ineptitude of VS was apparent from the very start of their ownership, with them not providing the tools to the mod team here to have this place function well. With every new "upgrade" they made, the place got progressively worse. This new update, some 13 years later, seems to have finally done it as far as killing the activity. VS really doesn't care, this forum is just a cog in their wheel, an asset to be maintained as cheaply as possible. It's pretty amusing, viewing this from both sides.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts