Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I haven't been on in a day or two and my sig has been deleted. I don't really mind but wondering why purely out of curiosity so if the mod who deleted it could let me know, I would appreciate it. I just went through the rules and didn't seem to break any and I'm sure it wasn't too big as 80% of the sigs here are bigger.
Thanks....if you can remember that is!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^ I know that!! Ha ha. Just wondering what rule it was!

Ok, that's pretty much what I had with a couple of drop down lists I'm not redoing now. Can't see a problem???

N

·
0 Posts
Remove your signature (or make it abide to the rules) before I remove it again and take away your signature rights. No games.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, done. Sorry, genuinely didn't realise it was too big.

Thanks for info Dire Straits.

Reactions: mickf03
N

·
0 Posts
I don't tell people what rules they break. If they are smart (take it that I'm calling you stupid, I don't care), they will easily be able to read the rules and see the problem. Since I remove a dozen or so signatures daily, it's definitely not in my interest.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fair enough, its forgotten. I was just wondering. I would describe myself more as computer illiterate than stupid anyway but that's neither here nor there!

·
Banned
32 Posts
Hey Nitemare is there not any software or stuff that can actually be used to stop people from using sigs which are too big.

Im sure some people do intentionally try and stretch the rules but some people (like myself) genuinely are illiterate when it comes to things like this. I realsie that having to delete all these must be annoying, but its like me trying to ask you to go and complete a MIDYIS test with a group of 11 year old pupils- im sure you wouldnt know where to start- but that wouldn't make you stupid!!

Go easy on us please.

p.s. does my sig look too big in this forum?

N

·
0 Posts
If you are smart enough to use image tags, you are smart enough to be able to read the rules and look at the size of images.

If you're not, right-click any given image and go to its properties.

The Dimensions listed is width x height.

270 x 203

Thus, your image is 270 pixels in width, 203 in height.

Your sig is fine. The rules are clear.

Yes, there is a way to limit the size of images used. If an image breaks that size, it will be "shrunk" to fit the rules. However, as it stands, WEForums' server does not support this 'trick,' so the coding would be worthless.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Nitemare said:
If you are smart enough to use image tags, you are smart enough to be able to read the rules and look at the size of images.
I don't think it is necessarily anything to do with being smart, see below:

Nitemare said:
right-click any given image and go to its properties.

The Dimensions listed is width x height.

270 x 203

Thus, your image is 270 pixels in width, 203 in height.

Your sig is fine. The rules are clear.

This is the big bit about what i didn't know, i can cut/ copy and paste fine but didn't know how to find out how big my pic was- that one line that you have written about right clicking could be really useful in the rules page and may even save you a bit of time in the future.

Nitemare said:
Yes, there is a way to limit the size of images used. If an image breaks that size, it will be "shrunk" to fit the rules. However, as it stands, WEForums' server does not support this 'trick,' so the coding would be worthless.
Just as i was beginning to understand, you throw a little spanner in the works. :confused:

N

·
0 Posts
No. It's a rules page, not a "basic usage of a computer" page. That's one of the most basic of all computer functions. Regardless of it's in the rules page or not, there will always be IDIOTS/MORONS disobeying what's right on the rules page.

As for confusing you: you're the one who asked about it. Don't understand the answer? Not my problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts