Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm updating the cool lists, and I see that I can't use more than 2000 letters in my sig. The thing is, I only have 1422 characters, including spaces. (and that's when I take out all the hyphens, and link to my site under my sig.)

What's up with that?

PS: To the dudes that change their names, tell me, so I can change the names on the list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,885 Posts
WANT TO BE COOL? LOWER MY REPUATATION AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.
Reputation*
 
  • Like
Reactions: ADEngstrom
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Did you ever get it to work?

And are you including the vBcodes?

I think I see your problem. Why not use
instead of all the spaces?​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm using the codes, including center and all that. After I saved it it turned into that WYWISG or whatever it's called format, but that was weeks ago.

Now I can't even edit my sig. Like just now, I went to correct that typo, and it says I can't have a sig more than 2000 characters, and that's when I'm taking characters away while being under 2000 characters.



 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Actually, the whole dropdown menu thing is part of the reason I put the character limit on. Sorry, but you'll have to reduce your signature.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Nitemare said:
Actually, the whole dropdown menu thing is part of the reason I put the character limit on. Sorry, but you'll have to reduce your signature.
OK.

Then why does it say I'm using 2000 characters when I'm only using like 1400?

And Rajah, you have to lower my rep to get on the list.

All you did was up my rep once for the Megadeth CD. People that up my rep lose points. You're in the imaginary "Cool -1" list as we speak. So you'll have to lower my rep twice to get on the Cool list, then again for the 2X Cool list, then one more time for the CCC list. :0
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
D-Man said:
Then why does it say I'm using 2000 characters when I'm only using like 1400?
Oh, sorry. I edited my original post which had the answer.

You are using the WYS etc. mode which uses spaces to have the text centered. Each space is a character. Therefore, all those spaces you have are characters. The way to get around it is to use
instead of having the WYS mode use spaces. It might look less 'neater' but it will appear the same to us.

As for why I made a sig limit: People in the BTB use a ton of text for some reason. That's fine if they didn't have a banner or didn't space it out so much, but it's annoying.

Another reason, sadly, is for people like you. You might not notice, but all the drop-down lists do help slow down threads because of the amount of HTML a drop-down list causes. Add that to the pop-up/banner ads issue, it's not good.

I've been trying to help lower speeds for users since some have been complaining somewhat.​
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
29,365 Posts
D-Man said:
And Rajah, you have to lower my rep to get on the list.

All you did was up my rep once for the Megadeth CD. People that up my rep lose points. You're in the imaginary "Cool -1" list as we speak. So you'll have to lower my rep twice to get on the Cool list, then again for the 2X Cool list, then one more time for the CCC list. :0
I upped your rep, then realised you wanted it lowered so I changed it via the Admin Panel, so there was no record of it on your User CP.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top