Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It really pisses me off when people on this forum say a Raw show was good because their favourite wrestler was involved in a good segment. What about the lack of midcard storylines, the lack of a tag team championship fued (we might get one with Shield and Rhodes but it hasnt begun yet), a lack of storytelling/direction for the divas division, what about all the fucking repeat/squash/jobber matches were are forced to watch week in week out ( e.g. Del rio vs kofi/every jobber they could find, orton vs kofi, 3mb vs the real americans, 3mb vs Los Matadores, Santino and Khali vs Real Americans) and last but not least why are Punk and Heyman still fueding? Its stale and Heyman seems to have lost his way on the mic cutting very repetitive promos.

People need to stop using Football as an excuse for such poor ratings, WWE could hang with them if they actually put on good shows from top to bottom instead of coasting for the last 10 fucking years. I know this is a rant and i do this a lot on this forum, but Im just a fan that wants to see the product do well again.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Should the younger stars be given a chance?Yes.But that doesn't mean I don't want see Rock come back or HHH playing a heel to perfection.I don't care if it's good for business.I want to be entertained.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
how ironic is it that the storyline is called "best for business" yet everything they're doing is obviously bad for business if no one is watching...lol its just hilarious...maybe that's the point..who knows

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I agree, though I don't think singling out marks is the way to go about it. Though I do agree that sometimes shows can be overrated based on 1 thing or 1 character.

I think in general WWE's fanbase (alot of it) has been conditioned to seeing a shitty product, so now that things are a bit better than get overrated.

I mean entertainment wise the product is in real bad shape right now IMO.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
How dare someone enjoy and accept something I don't enjoy!? The nerve of these people!

I feel you man, I mean the only reason I'm a misanthrope is because everybody is different. BE LIKE ME!!!
I don't take it like this. For me, his biggest problem is that even if some fans hate most of the show, they will like it because they can see their favorite guys and they will like it even if they don't like 90% of the show. I don't think that was adressed to the one who enjoy most of the show

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I agree, though I don't think singling out marks is the way to go about it. Though I do agree that sometimes shows can be overrated based on 1 thing or 1 character.

I think in general WWE's fanbase (alot of it) has been conditioned to seeing a shitty product, so now that things are a bit better than get overrated.

I mean entertainment wise the product is in real bad shape right now IMO.
Perhaps it was the wrong way to go, its just that this has been something that has been annoying me for quite sometime.

·
Banned
117 Posts
I had to double check to make sure this thread wasn't in the TNA section.
What? I thought majority in the section has been shitting the company lately, especially with some of those nonsensical "how to make TNA better" threads.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
I'm actually smiling and laughing at how stupid this is, lol.

Suddenly I'm reminded at how, during the 90s, we had the sluttiest women possible wanting to get into the owner's D, but that apparently passes our high standards.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Oh ok let me go and tell Vince to make the product better. Sorry I procrastinated on getting Vince to do exactly what I want him to do and accepted mediocrity, guys

·
Is a Snit Head
22,164 Posts
It really pisses me off when people on this forum say a Raw show was good because their favourite wrestler was involved in a good segment. What about the lack of midcard storylines, the lack of a tag team championship fued (we might get one with Shield and Rhodes but it hasnt begun yet), a lack of storytelling/direction for the divas division, what about all the fucking repeat/squash/jobber matches were are forced to watch week in week out ( e.g. Del rio vs kofi/every jobber they could find, orton vs kofi, 3mb vs the real americans, 3mb vs Los Matadores, Santino and Khali vs Real Americans) and last but not least why are Punk and Heyman still fueding? Its stale and Heyman seems to have lost his way on the mic cutting very repetitive promos.

People need to stop using Football as an excuse for such poor ratings, WWE could hang with them if they actually put on good shows from top to bottom instead of coasting for the last 10 fucking years. I know this is a rant and i do this a lot on this forum, but Im just a fan that wants to see the product do well again.
No they couldn't. They never have been able to hang with them and never will. With the way the American culture is I don't think any show, regardless of what it is, can come close to the NFL. Even during the Attitude Era, you know the era with the best shows and highest ratings, didn't beat Monday Night Football. I don't think the combined ratings of Raw and Nitro were ever able to beat Monday Night Football either.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.