Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why s it that the oly ones that wrestle are Gabriel, Otunga & Barret. Hardly ever see slater wrestle. Maybe its just because i have'nt been watching the shows but even when i catch them on youtube I dont see anyone wrestle except the same faces. WHy don't they compete in singles matches. Are they literally basing the Nexus as a group who don't do singles?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
iam pretty sure slater faced edge and he beat edge too

·
Registered
544 Posts
Slater is regularly in matches at the moment, as he and Gabriel are the tag champs.

My question is why they seem intent on burying Otunga. He's decent in the ring and second only to Barrett on the mic, yet out of all of Nexus he is the only one to regularly lose.
You are a brave one for bumming up Otunga on this forum.

2 hour shows aren't big enough to get the Nexus to have matches, as well as the other members of the roster.

·
Trump and Macron will Rule the World
3,313 Posts
Slater is regularly in matches at the moment, as he and Gabriel are the tag champs.

My question is why they seem intent on burying Otunga. He's decent in the ring and second only to Barrett on the mic, yet out of all of Nexus he is the only one to regularly lose.
Otunga is decent? I'm all for someone having their own opinion but that is just flat out wrong. The dude can't even make a tag without botching it. And he is second to Barrett on the mic, but that's only because everyone else in Nexus are dreadful on the mic and Otunga is just bad.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Clearly I opened up a can of worms lol. I only have the last 2 months or so to go by, as I only started watching wrestling again at the beginning of October after not watching it at all, or even following it for about 7 or 8 years. I thought he's been ok in that time. But I won't say any more in case I start a virtual riot!

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Got me on that one. But before that when did he wrestle a singles or doubles match...NOT STABLE
Before that? He wasn't even on the roster before that he was on NXT.

·
KILL BECKY KILL
3,192 Posts
Clearly I opened up a can of worms lol. I only have the last 2 months or so to go by, as I only started watching wrestling again at the beginning of October after not watching it at all, or even following it for about 7 or 8 years. I thought he's been ok in that time. But I won't say any more in case I start a virtual riot!
Basically Otunga is a (very) minor celebrity who was brought in with almost no wrestling experience. He's insanely green in the ring. He also sounds weirdly effeminate when he talks. We should probably leave it at that.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Oh come on, Otunga is the next Rock.

IF YA SMELLLELLELLLLELLLLELLLLOOOOWWEEE WHAT THE TUNG..............................*pulls wedgie out of ass* IS LICKIN'!!!!

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Otunga still needs to polish his in-ring skill so he competes in single matches the most as of late. He's got everything except wrestling skill, it's a really shame, he could be total package now if he trained in the FCW few years earlier. Husky Harris also needs a mic time, he's gold on the mic.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think they are doing the opposite - they are putting him the ring regurlarly with main eventers in the hope that he will pick something up and improve his in ring skills (which are abysmal in comparison to most of the roster). He did get a win over Edge though and is getting a lot of camera time behind Barrett, I think the WWE obviously wants him to be a success due to his gassed-up physique, look and connections to the mainstream media (his wife), the trouble is his performance in the ring - although he definitely has charisma and decent mic skills.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts