Wrestling Forum banner

Shy people

4K views 63 replies 50 participants last post by  insanitydefined 
#1 ·
Whats your opinion on shy people, especially shy men(grown up men in their 20's or above)? How do you perceive them?

#26 ·
imo Social anxiety disorder and Autism go hand in hand. Most shy people I interact with come off atleast slightly autistic to me. Also many shy people become psychological messes by the time they hit 17-21, probably because they get bullied throughout their lives.

To be honest, most shy men are viewed as being creepy by society
This is so true. People are prejudiced against shy people. People hate anyone who is different to them in anyways.

Asexuality
Been thinking about this for a quite some time also. Not sure if it's because they are too shy to get a date or they actually suffer from celibacy.

Define "shy" in an everyday context.
A person who is timid and avoids talking to people. When talking, He might avoid making eye contact, he might be unable to open up to you etc. Justin bieber used to be shy.

#40 ·
I'm very asocial, as in I do not really care to engage in most social activities, so I guess you can call me shy as I really don't like to be around people for too long, as being around others actually drains me rather than the other way around. I prefer my peace and quiet, as well as my solitude. Many people say that's weird, but I don't really care.

#51 ·
I'm ridiculously shy and socially awkward. To the point where I can't carry a conversation and can't even look at people in the eyes. It's difficult for me to even buy stuff at the store sometimes because of it. I also don't like to be around lots of people either and perfer to be more secluded. I'm basically the male version of Tomoko from Watamote.

Slowly trying to overcome it though. I guess it's really all in my head.

#2 ·
I perceive them as normal people who are shy. I don't got any problem with them.

#10 ·
I used to be hella shy, but once I was comfortable I was something else. I think I've outgrown my shyness for the most part, now you'd probably never guess I was a shy person. Also my shyness lead people to believe I was quite stuck up. I got called conceited a lot. I can see someone masking their shyness by being a stuck up prick, probably one of the best covers.

So no, I don't have any issues with shy people. It's the people who are too quiet and nice all the time that you have to watch out for.

"And Pratchett Demure, from Art Literature,

Nips up the nearest tree."

Gonna call you Pratchett Demure from now on in honour of one of my favourite Genesis songs.

#21 ·
If i see a shy person in a busy public place, i'll usually pounce by going up to them and screaming in their face asking them why they're shy. This way it causes a huge scene, they buckle and start crying like they just lost a jackpot lottery ticket. That just my nature though, other people might just leave them alone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.