Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you add a shoutbox to your forum? Err....nothing else to say really, other than i like making random comments and talking easily to everyone else on the forum.

·
Banned
709 Posts
Um....i would actually like that installed...i see it over at lnd and WD...but not here..Shoutboxes are Perfect. Period.

N

·
0 Posts
Shoutboxes are gay.

Period.

For small forums, they are okay. But they definitely aren't professional, and they definitely do not belong on a forum where shouts will be near-constant and fill the database up with useless crap. We get thousands upon thousands of posts per day. No need to get dozens of thousands of shouts per day.

·
version 2.0
5,045 Posts
Dozens of thousands?

I always though a shoutbox would be good too, but Lee brings up good points. It would be impossible to follow what's going on with thousands of shouts per day.

N

·
0 Posts
Well, a shoutbox brings out lurkers who never post. Add to that people like to spam the shoutbox (double, triple, quadruple, etc. although it could be fixed), I'm sure there would be at least 8,000 a day. Ya.

A minor hyperbole.

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
I gotta agree a shoutbox on here would be madness. It would overflow in shouts.

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
What I don't like about shoutboxes is it tends to take away discussion from the actual forums. People tend to just ramble on the shoutbox, and not post much on the rest of the forums. Swear it's true. Happened with EOW, right. BB had one, and there were hardly any posts, but plenty of shouts. true

1 - 12 of 12 Posts