Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys :)

When White, Gedo, and Jado turned on Okada wasn't White supposed to be the leader of Chaos and Okada getting kicked out?

Because that's the vibe that I got when I saw Gedo's heel turn.

Don't get me wrong, I love how NJPW is now with the Elite out of B.C and White and co there. But I'm just wondering why I got the feeling that White was supposed to be with a heel Chaos right now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The rest of Chaos are still faces so they wouldn’t support Jay White. Unless he kicks them all out it wouldn’t make sense to have a heel lead a babyface faction.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Because Tama Tonga isn't a decent Singles match worker so they needed a Gaijin to lead the BC now that the Elite are fucking off

Jay White is also somehow OG Bull Club lite, he would fit in the Finn era of the Stable

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,417 Posts
I would have preferred Jay White to stay in CHAOS. They could have turned Goto and a couple other guys heel. There would be actual stakes to this whole thing and WK would be a lot more exciting if they had just stayed on course instead of going for the swerve.

It's still decent. But definitely the worse option.

New Japan is suffering from a boldness problem. Like they could've definitely done more with this whole thing. Gotten more people involved

·
None. More. Hated.
6,520 Posts
I would have preferred Jay White to stay in CHAOS. They could have turned Goto and a couple other guys heel. There would be actual stakes to this whole thing and WK would be a lot more exciting if they had just stayed on course instead of going for the swerve.

It's still decent. But definitely the worse option.

New Japan is suffering from a boldness problem. Like they could've definitely done more with this whole thing. Gotten more people involved
Agreed. A split of CHAOS would have been cooler. Maybe Goto and Yoshi and Ishii go with Switchblade and the rest with Okada for some all out warfare. Theres still the mole in CHAOS whos going to flip to the OGs, dont know if thats coming at one of the road to shows or WK itself.

·
Registered
24,584 Posts
I agree with others that I found the the Chaos Civil War stuff more interesting than White just splintering off and joining Bullet Club. There inclusion, while a cool swerve, felt unnecessary. And even to this day I have to remind myself that White is in the BC now.

But it does make sense that they need another top gaijin in the BC with Kenny officially in the "Elite" now and his future with the company always up in the air every January.

·
None. More. Hated.
6,520 Posts
Probably didn't want to start another civil war while BC war hasn't properly concluded yet, or has it?
The "elite" no longer claims the Bullet Club name. Cody said the Bullet Club now belongs to Jay and the Tongans. The elite are just...the elite.

Basically Im pretty sure NJPW said if youre gonna keep flirting with WWE on twitter and not committing to us long term, we ain't letting you use the BC name.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Basically Im pretty sure NJPW said if youre gonna keep flirting with WWE on twitter and not committing to us long term, we ain't letting you use the BC name.
Nah that’s not it. It was a financial move for the Elite given how popular they’ve become.

Matt Jackson said in a interview that they don’t make any money from the bullet club name and logo. NJPW owns that trademark.

Now they’ve created their own “Elite” brand that they own and make money from.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I'm sure that if they sell Bullet Club shirt they get something for it. It obviously is less than for "Elite" branded shirt, but saying that they don't earn any money from Bullet Club sounds ridiculous.

·
None. More. Hated.
6,520 Posts
Nah that’s not it. It was a financial move for the Elite given how popular they’ve become.

Matt Jackson said in a interview that they don’t make any money from the bullet club name and logo. NJPW owns that trademark.

Now they’ve created their own “Elite” brand that they own and make money from.
So all those years before the elite was even a thing, they made no money on BC merch?

Do wut lol

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,417 Posts
Nuh uh. They had to have gotten a percentage of the merch sales. TYB is just too saavy to be taken for that hard for that long. Matt Jackson probably meant that they were making money but not that much or not enough

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nuh uh. They had to have gotten a percentage of the merch sales. TYB is just too saavy to be taken for that hard for that long. Matt Jackson probably meant that they were making money but not that much or not enough
Of course they made money from “Young Bucks” merch with the Bullet Club logo. But NJPW also gets a cut of it.

I meant to say they made zero money from the plain generic Bullet Club merch. Like the classic Bullet Club shirts that you see everywhere. Despite the fact that they helped grow the brand so much.

Here is an article that qutoes Matt on the Bullet Club merch: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2018/11/matt-jackson-reveals-how-much-they-made-on-bullet-club-647727/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts