Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both guys have been top stars of the past decade, but rarely interacted with each other during this time. Many thought they were saving Cena for Taker's last match. Now The Streak is over, obviously the match would be less important to some extent, although it would still be a huge match between two icons of the company. We're weeks away from Mania 31, where it seems they will face Wyatt & Rusev (2 young unestablished heels), but surely Taker vs. Cena would draw huge and attract mainstream attention. Would you prefer to see Undertaker vs. Cena at WrestleMania?

·
Banned
5,743 Posts
No. I want see Wyatt defeat Undertaker in a Buried Alive match for the visuals and so he can he can get some mileage out of having finished off Taker for good at Mania.

Don't care about the match quality because i doubt it'd be anything special anyway if they did a regular match.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
No. Time to give some of these big match rubs to the full time performers who need it. Only way they'll be able to viably headline WM's in the future.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone really want to see Taker anywhere near a wrestling ring these days?
Yes. 1 bad match because he suffered a heavy concussion in the first minute doesn't make him a bad wrestler. That's like saying, err, Tiger Woods injures his arm in a golf tournament, plays on and does badly, and therefore is now a terrible golfer. His matches @ WM27/8 & 9, in particular, were awesome. You have no evidence that he is 'past it' and I'm sure he will work great with Wyatt.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Nope because IMO this match lost all it's value since the streak was broken.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Does anyone really want to see Taker anywhere near a wrestling ring these days?
I'm a big Taker fan but I don't want him back unless its for a Hall of Fame thing. Once he lost the Streak at WM 30, and he's clearly not a young man anymore. I think that was the perfect timing to bow out last year, the Cena match has lost all its greatness with Taker losing the streak to be fair.

I personally don't want to see Sting in the ring, he's clearly past it and fans will soon see it's not a pretty sight.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
It's still the two faces of the company for the past decade against each other.
Doesn't matter. Cena vs the streak was something tons and tons of fans wanted to see because it had the feeling wwe would give cena the streak since he was the golden boy. Many fans would of actually believed cena had a great great chance of breaking the streak

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yes. 1 bad match because he suffered a heavy concussion in the first minute doesn't make him a bad wrestler. That's like saying, err, Tiger Woods injures his arm in a golf tournament, plays on and does badly, and therefore is now a terrible golfer. His matches @ WM27/8 & 9, in particular, were awesome. You have no evidence that he is 'past it' and I'm sure he will work great with Wyatt.

I never said he was a bad ring worker I just don't have any interest in seeing another Undertaker match especially against Bray Wyatt who we all know is going to win that one cough cough Bray Wyatt yawn boring

If you do decide to bring Taker back for one more match How about a 6 man hell in the cell match Taker, Kane, Cena, Orton, Rock, and Jericho that sounds pretty entertaining to me

·
Banned
161 Posts
What is the point of him going back to an undefeated streak? It's stupid and you should realize now that it's pointless, it'd be like going back home after someone killed your family and is waiting

·
Banned
411 Posts
I would love to see that match!

The match has never been done on a big platform before. I think now is the time. The match would be a draw and would interest me a lot more than Cena going over another up and coming talent and having a rare undertaker match wasted on a guy like Bray Wyatt who would totally squander the opportunity and still not get over.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
The ship has sailed on that match unfortunately. The streak being intact would have made this match awesome and unpredictable but without the streak, I see no rhyme of reason for them to fight.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts