Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When he ties his opponents up in the ropes and hammers them in the chest and the fans count to 10 along with him. You only have until 5 if they are in the ropes to let them go and Sheamus beats on them up until 10 seconds so... shouldn't that be a disqualification?

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sheamus 10 count doesn't actually last 10 seconds though. Refs 5 counts usually take like 10 seconds
I don't know about that the ref's usually count pretty quick when someone gets to the ropes. When someones outside the ring the ref's usually count pretty slow, but they're almost always pretty quick when someone gets to the ropes.

Heres a clip from Sheamus vs D Bryan at ER, now look at the part where Bryan has Sheamus in the ropes and the ref starts counting, its pretty quick wouldn't you say?

·
Premium Member
19,339 Posts
Yeah and the Big Show's finisher is illegal... welcome to the world of professional wrestling.

·
Premium Member
17,716 Posts
More like "Sheamus should be disqualified for wearing that shirt with those trunks! Fashion Alert!"

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
This is one of the best part of french commentary.When Sheamus do that things,he count to 5 and he scream "DISQUALIFICATION,DISQUALIFICATION" :lol

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yeah and the Big Show's finisher is illegal... welcome to the world of professional wrestling.
Well you never see anyone get dq'ed from a closed fist in WWE at least not to my knowledge, ya they say its illegal but no ones ever really been disqualified because of it. Someone not breaking after a 5 count is always a DQ though.

You can't tell me if someone was in the ropes and the ref counted to 5 and didn't DQ someone there wouldn't be someone on here making a post about it in minutes.

There was a ton of people making fun of Show's missed punch on Vince, shouldn't you just tell them it professional wrestling and it doesn't matter if they fuck up since its all fake anyways? my point is just because its pro wrestling doesn't mean you should let anything slide and not comment on it.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why is Big Show's WMD illegial?
Its not, its just always been said that closed fists are illegal but no ones ever really been disqualified because of it you see closed fist all the time in matches so i don't see why these guys are bringing that up. A piledriver thats illegal, a closed fist? not so much...

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
What do you expect. They're desperate to make Brutus the Irish Beefcake Fella over at all costs, even if it means ignoring rules. Remember when Ace said if any wrestler lays their hands on them they'll be fire? Sheamus did that night and they didn't fire him.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Certain rules don't apply to babyfaces.

I thought the whole "no closed fists" rule was thrown out.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Rules are made to be broken in wrestling. The closed hand punch is illegal and NOBODY has ever been disqualified for it. Not to mention climbing the ropes or using them in anyway other than bouncing off them is illegal. Rules don't really matter in WWE, it's all about the entertainment factor.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I just take it as if the opponent is trying to break away from the match and hangs on to the ropes then it's illegal to attack, not when the other guy has him in the ropes against his own will.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I must say, I've wondered that before. It might be scripted but I'd like it to make sense.

Rules get forgotten all the time. Maybe the referees are mentally fragile as well,

·
Registered
945 Posts
Its not, its just always been said that closed fists are illegal but no ones ever really been disqualified because of it you see closed fist all the time in matches so i don't see why these guys are bringing that up. A piledriver thats illegal, a closed fist? not so much...
A piledriver isn't illegal within the kayfaybe rules of wrestling, the WWE have just banned their guys from using it (i.e. NON-Kayfaybe).

The Tombstone is essentially a reverse Piledriver, remember.

Oh... And closed fists ARE illegal.

Personally, I would like them to enforce the "no closed fists" rule purely for the reason that otherwise you're left thinking "Hmmmm.. Why don't they just punch the guy like Big Show does?" when the guys are all doing these hokey forearm strikes and such.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I seem to recall the announcers mentioning a few years ago that punches weren't illegal anymore. What I don't get is why they were illegal to begin with. You can drop a guy on his head, kick him in the face, throw your full body weight on him, but a punch is illegal?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts