Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was the point of Khali burying Jinder Mahal like that? Here you have a new potential rise and upcoming wrestler who only needs to build his credibility. It would have made perfect sense for Khali to put him over, even better if Mahal cheated to win in order to add to his heel persona.

Sometimes I don't know what the WWE is thinking..

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Honestly I don't think Mahal was going anywhere but I agree it doesn't make much sense. That being on TV and not Kidd/DiBiase is horrible.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
No, don't be silly. Having Khali put Mahal over would have been the logical thing to do...

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Absolutely, he should have.

This is the way heels have been booked for the past few years. Build. Build. Build. Have the face win and then begin to chop the heels back down to the point in which they need a reboot. Then never rebuild that..Then starting building another heel. That's why there is no "star power" on Smackdown.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,025 Posts
Well are they still fueding? cause if they are then it's likely that Mahal could go over the next time. I mean they only had one match. Give it time.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Good booking on Smackdown rarely happens. So if this is the last match between the two (and I'm not sure it is), then it was terrible booking. Building up The Great Khali does nothing. He's not going to be more than enhancement talent so putting Mahal over would have made him look more like a credible heel.

That being said, Mahal came in with a lot of potential of being a good heel but WWE has ruined that and now he is one of the many who are wondering around without any real direction.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Absolutely, he should have.

This is the way heels have been booked for the past few years. Build. Build. Build. Have the face win and then begin to chop the heels back down to the point in which they need a reboot. Then never rebuild that..Then starting building another heel. That's why there is no "star power" on Smackdown.
Exactly. This. See McIntyre, Barrett, and now Christian as recent examples.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Now that I think of it, Khali was the start of Ziggler's push and that made him look rather credible going into a feud with Mysterio. Up until that point he wasn't doing anything.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I find it draft that they were not even together very long as a team and certainly not long enough to make any impact. Why turn Khali face again so quickly? I dont think Mahal is really gonna go anywhere in WWE especially after this loss. He may beat Khali on the next occasion but is gonna struggle once he moves on from this feud.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
What was the point of Khali burying Jinder Mahal like that? Here you have a new potential rise and upcoming wrestler who only needs to build his credibility. It would have made perfect sense for Khali to put him over, even better if Mahal cheated to win in order to add to his heel persona.

Sometimes I don't know what the WWE is thinking..
Jinder Mahal is going nowhere, he's green as gooseshit and needs to be sent back to developmental if he's to have a hope of improving enough to get over. It's not his fault, WWE rushed him to tv but it's still true.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Mahal is very green he cant work a match if it isn't a squash he needs to go back to FCW and work on his in ring work .

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Mahal sucks in the ring so no. He should have been Khali's manager from the very beginning.

End that soap opera bullshit about his sister marrying him. Khali should have ditched Ranjin Singh and go under the wing of Jinder Mahal, who convinces Khali that he's embarrassing himself. Mahal would promise to turn him back into the monster he once was. Khali would go back to the black pants and be a threat again. WWE dropped the ball..

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
unless he went over via DQ i couldnt see it happening unless Khali got attacked by someone much bigger and stronger, in any case its off to Superstars for Mahal if he's lucky
hopefully off to India never to be seen again id say hardly the great talent to take there market forward is he sorry India your stuck with Khali again .

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Del Rio minus the talent and the space rocket to the moon :rolleyes:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Honestly I don't think Mahal was going anywhere but I agree it doesn't make much sense. That being on TV and not Kidd/DiBiase is horrible.
^ This

·
Registered
145 Posts
Honestly, just like all his squash matches when they were displaying him as dominant, I couldn't have cared less if he went over or not.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts