Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all, he refused to raise Barrett's hand, and instead gave him the Attitude Adjustment. Then he says "I should have done that a long time ago". I thought he had to do everything Barrett said or he was fired.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Agreed. Never caught that until now, which is odd because I tend to catch everything that WWE does that doesn't make sense.

·
Your either NEXUS or Your AGAINST us....
250 Posts
lol no he shouldnt have, its quite clear that Barrett needs him to be the referee at survivor series in order to win the WWE championship. Why would he fire him 5 days before that?

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
kayfabe-speaking, John Cena could have done anything he wanted on Monday and there was no way Barrett was going to fire him. Cena could have shit in Barretts dinner and Barrett would still take it.

Barrett, in his mind, basically thinks Cena is going to break at Survivor Series, and give him the win no matter what to save his job. Barrett doesn't want to fire Cena because he knows how much higher his chances are with him as the special guest referee. you're not going to give up your failsafe to the title just because he gave you an AA and got pissy.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Barrett SHOULD fire him. But he wont. Getting revenge isnt as important as the title. He needs Cena on Sunday night to steal the title and get the win over Orton.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol no he shouldnt have, its quite clear that Barrett needs him to be the referee at survivor series in order to win the WWE championship. Why would he fire him 5 days before that?
Yeah, but no one has ever said Barrett has the power to fire him (except Barrett himself, I guess). The Anonymous GM told Cena he had to obey Barrett or he would fire him.

·
Premium Member
13,814 Posts
Whoever wins, I have a feeling that they will use Monday to swerve us.

If Barrett wins, Cena is still fired because he FU'd Barrett on RAW.
If Orton wins, Barrett says he broke the clause of his Nexus contract so he will not be fired. However he will still be part of Nexus.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Whoever wins, I have a feeling that they will use Monday to swerve us.

If Barrett wins, Cena is still fired because he FU'd Barrett on RAW.
If Orton wins, Barrett says he broke the clause of his Nexus contract so he will not be fired. However he will still be part of Nexus.
Now this I like, the marks would go apeshit if that happened :D

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Barrett isn't going to fire Cena before the PPV
Again, Barrett shouldn't have ANY power to fire him.
Originally, the GM told Cena that he had to obey Barrett because of the stipulations of the match he lost, or be fired. Cena has to obey Barrett as a member of the Nexus, or he would be violating the atipulation. Cena disobeyed Barrett (by refusing to raise his hand), so the GM should fire him.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
He should but logically, Barrett was not going to fire him five days before his title match, which he wants Cena to help him win.

·
Premium Member
44,198 Posts
No. It actually makes sense.

Barrett's plan is to have Cena help him win the belt via the referee position, so he still needs Cena. Cena figured this out & figured that at least until this Sunday, Barrett isn't going to fire him.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For the third time, the GM told Cena he had to obey Barrett as part of his match stipulation, or he would be fired. Cena disobeyed Barrett by refusing to raise his hand and giving him the AA instead. Why should the GM not fire Cena?

·
Premium Member
30,980 Posts
Clearly.

Barrett's only shot of winning on Sunday kayfabe wise lies with John Cena. You really think he wants to fire him and have to have a normal referee that is guaranteed not to be biased?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
we have a winner! THIS! it wouldnt make any sense to fire him now...especially since the nexus is banned from ringside.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I'm going to try this one more time:
Shouldn't the GM fire Cena because he disobeyed Barrett?
The GM threatened to fire Cena if he disobeyed Barrett. For that to happen it has to be made clear that Barrett's orders have actually been disobeyed. Since he obviously needs Cena right now he isn't going to say anything therefore the GM has no cause to fire him.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Cena did it on live tv. Barrett couldnt hide cenas deception if he wanted to. On the other hand, it was old school raw and a classic type of old school raw ending so I'll let it slide

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
That doesn't bother me, what does bother me is that why on earth would Barrett make the stipulation of if Cena helps Barrett win the title then he's free from Nexus. Surely he can tell Cena to make himself win and if Cena disobeys then he's fired. Why is it that Cena helps Barrett win then he's free?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts