Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean, IMHO, he hasn't even reached his full potential as a heel just yet. He's indeed a character that the fans will get behind as a "good guy" because he just has "IT" and is just downright entertaining, but WWE has a way of turning all their babyfaces into happy go-lucking teddybears, which will strip Sandow of EVERYTHING the fans love him for.

Another thing, once he SUCCESSFULLY cashes in his MITB, down the line I wanted to see the continuation of his feud with Cody, who's receiving quite the push at the moment. With the World Title involved, WWE could create two, legit, new main event stars with a backstory that's ALREADY THERE.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Sandow sucks in the ring. Until he does something in that department, he will stay where he is in jobberville.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I just recently saw the opening promo of SD and maaaaaaannnn, I'm not sure if I can buy it. His gimmick had insane potential as a strong upper mid card heel to top heel.

·
Registered
702 Posts
He has big potential as a babyface. A feud with Del Rio will get anyone over as a babyface right now but Sandow can not let himself turn into the happy-go-lucky teddybear as you rightfully say.

His character is not inherently evil, he just believes himself superior. If he uses his intellect to call out heels on their heel behaviour and also generally act in a noble way (like he already claims to) then he is enough of a babyface. He should continue to insult the audience however, the unwashed masses don't mind being called as such. In fact if when they cheer him for something he yells "SILENCE!" they will just love him more for it. Like Daniel Bryan yelling "NO!".

I think a Sandow face turn can work because I feel they have done it successfully with Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. Both of them have stayed edgy. Bryan still cares far more about wrestling than doing what's best for business or the fans or conforming to anything. Punk has vowed to do things to Paul Heyman that he doesn't think the people will be ready for, he's not above a low blow or a sneak attack. They don't act like Teddybears, although many faces do. Neither are Stone Cold Steve Austin but this is the PG Era, not the attitude era, we must come to terms with that. Sandow as a face or a heel is still PG, he would have been awesome in attitude but that ship has sailed.

·
Banned
1,219 Posts
Sandow sucks in the ring. Until he does something in that department, he will stay where he is in jobberville.
He seems much better in the ring now as a face, i think his match with Del Rio was his best match since his debut.

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
They appear to be subtly dipping their toe in the water. I think it could possibly work. All depends on the crowd.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
He's supposed to be a condescending prick, doesn't sound like a face to me.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Change the most obvious Heel character in the company who has no likeable upside and somehow gets over as a heel with shitty writing into a face?
sure, fuck it why not.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
So The Rock, Punk & Y2J for example, don't sound like faces to you?

It's all to do with WHERE their scorn is directed.
But Sandow isn't even in the same league as those guys in terms of Charisma or likeability for that matter.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I would typically say no to a promising heel turning face, like Cody Rhodes, but Sandow needs a change of pace. The gimmick he has now isn't the sort of thing that's going to take him to the main event but tweaking it while letting him stay funny without pandering could be a step in the ring direction. He isn't getting a ton of heat because people like the guy so they may as well capitalize on that for a while before actually giving fans a reason to boo him.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts