Wrestling Forum banner

Split championship?

• YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Votes: 113 62.4%

Should WWE split both the major titles again?

7340 96
i am talking about wwe and whc belt

a big yes from my side . players like cesaro,bnb,dolph,cody and other young talent won't able to win wwe whc title in their whole career but if both title split back then they can al test get whc title

your thoughts ?
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

· Registered
3,892 Posts
Re: Should WWE split back both the major titles

Yes but only if legitimate guys win the WHC, that means guys like Brock Lesnar (who could make it relevant again) or John Cena (not a fan of his but him having the WHC title could work).

P.S. And yes Bray Wyatt could be a great WHC champ.

· Registered
864 Posts

I respectfully disagree, purely because it would cluster fuck an already poor title picture in general.

If they can't manage to put story lines together for the IC, US and TT championships at the moment, how will they cope with another belt.

YES I know it's the WHC belt and it has more meaning but it furthers my point that the secondary belts would get squashed back even further, which has been the problem for years before the unification.

Only possibility would be a brand split, which 90% would agree won't work either.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts

YES. I don't want to see 3 new world champions in the next 20 fucking years.

If they split the titles again, guys like Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose would actually get something out of being on this roster. They're doomed right now.

*sigh* They're sticking with one title. If only Wyatt had found himself as a performer a few years earlier. To think Jack Swagger will go down in history as world champion and he won't, it's blood boiling.

· Registered
2,035 Posts

I refuse to participate in your Daniel Bryan type poll but no. They have a hard enough time making matches for the belts they have now.

· Registered
17 Posts

What I wanna see is Raw and Smackdown divided again, like Team Raw and Team Smackdown, WWE Championship for Raw, WHC for Smackdown.

· Registered
1,554 Posts

Really it comes down to this: either you agree with Pyro and think that the only way to be considered a legitimate star is to win a world title, or you don't. I like only having one title, but the argument for the other side is a legitimate one.

· Banned
3,132 Posts

Should OP use the search function before making shitty threads that are done LITERALLY every other day. Now that's a poll.

· Banned
1,681 Posts

IWC at its best again! For many years they said how the brand extension should be abolished and the world titles unified and now that they should split again. fpalm The brand extension worked back in 2002-2004 when both brands had great talent in the company and coming from WCW and ECW.

· Premium Member
223 Posts

Without the brand split, 2 world titles is unnecessary.
Let's be honest, the WHC was a mere secondary title, and having two world championships damages the prestige of both anyhow.

The best thing they can do is elevate the Intercontinental Championship and make it a big deal again, like it was when such guys as Jericho/Benoit and HBK/Ramon would go to war over it.

P.S. I think the Intercontinental championship is supposed to be the 2nd most prestigious title currently, but it still feels equal to the US Championship (as in, they both feel equally unimportant right now).

· Registered
1,033 Posts

i would like to see the big gold belt around bray wyatts waist.
They'd have to make a new belt for his waist then. :lmao

Reactions: Spam1985

· Premium Member
13,867 Posts

I would only advocate the return of a second world title if there were a brand extension. Otherwise, there is absolutely no point in having two world championships.

I get that some of the guys like Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Bray Wyatt etc may suffer because with only one world title there is a far smaller chance (if any at all) of them ever winning the world title, but even so; in the last few years winning the World Heavyweight Championship didn't really mean you were the world champion, because it was almost universally accepted that the WWE Champion was the true world champion of the company.

· Registered
1,033 Posts

I miss the brand extension. We'd get better matches and a lot more wrestlers would get the spotlight.

· Registered
560 Posts

I voted Yes! because I'd like to see the titles split and I'd also like to see a brand split again.

However you don't need it to be a title match to be interested in the feud or the matches. Look at Evolution vs Shield, no titles, but I'm invested in it.

· Registered
3,756 Posts

Would be better (more chances for top guy) but then what was the fucking point of the unification? The only reason I can see for it is for Daniel Bryan holding both world titles, but when someone else gets the belts I don't know.

Though Orton wore those belts with such GOATness :lol

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.