Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I started watching WWE again I have find more entertaining SmackDown than RAW. I was thinking what would the reason be and I concluded it has to do with each of the show's duration. Three hours is a lot to keep watching plus I find Cruiserweight division extremely boring and that takes an important amount of time. They should compress all of Raw's action to 2 hours and skip unnecessary things... Raw has better wrestlers but everything happens so slow I end up sleeping, and I am not even mentioning the extreme amount of commercials. SmackDown, on the other hand, is not the best thing we have seen but in comparison with today's Raw it is far more watchable.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
17,365 Posts
Re: Should WWE reduce the RAW's duration to 2 hours?

They should go back to being 2 hours because a Raw show has been very unbearable for three hours. I easily get bored now in days and I can barely watch anymore due to all of the lazy writing, too much commercials and too much talking.

·
Scarring the Night Sky
5,786 Posts

Yes, I'd be glad if they reduced the duration of RAW to 2 hours. 3 hours is a bit tiring to watch. They probably can leave out the Cruiserweight division since the cruiserweights now have their own show.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts

3 hours is too long yet they go over 3 hours at the same time. Like WTF?

·
You Spoony Bard
9,920 Posts

The company would go under without the extra hour of advertising revenue. Unfortunately. Ideally, it should be two hours. Maybe one hour.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

They cant until their current deal is up in the fall of 2019.

For the time being I think they should make the first hour a "kids show" / un-official pre-show / pandering and self aggrandizing segment-wank-fest, that is non canon to the rest of the show. Then go to as close as they can get to Warzone and RAW is War for hours 2 and 3.

Creating Something like:
8:00pm: The Adventure's of Super Reigns.
8:20pm: Bayley's Goodnight Hugs.
8:30pm: Week in Review
8:45pm: WWE Hearts Charity.
8:50pm: Countdown to the "RAWZONE"
9:00pm: Welcome to the "RAWZONE"
10:00pm: Welcome to the "Danger Zone"

·
Banned
6,218 Posts
I wouldn't mind it being reduced to 30 minutes.

·
Registered
8,720 Posts
Yes but they are making money with it so fuck us.

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
2 hours would be more bearable for the audience, but 3 hours means more money for Vince.

Money > Fans

3 hours it is :vince5

Reactions: Brodus Clay

·
Registered
8,196 Posts

Yes, I'd be glad if they reduced the duration of RAW to 2 hours. 3 hours is a bit tiring to watch. They probably can leave out the Cruiserweight division since the cruiserweights now have their own show.
They could also do 205 Live on Monday, before or after two hours of Raw. Makes more sense too, since the CW division is supposed to be part of the Raw roster.

Yes, there's also that. Maybe the next deal won't be for three hours, hopefully.

·
Premium Member
17,720 Posts
2 hours would name it a better product, no doubt. WWE is the only wrestling show in the world, at least live, that is 3 hours. And, it's criticized as one of the worst by wrestling smarks.

That said, 3 hours is an extra hour if guaranteed advertising, it's worked on kids and patents, and they need to be the "premier" show.

·
Premium Member
18,233 Posts
They could also do 205 Live on Monday, before or after two hours of Raw. Makes more sense too, since the CW division is supposed to be part of the Raw roster.
When NXT was still being shown on TV I always said they could have moved that to Monday to be the first hour of TV. 205 live would be an even better fit especially as the Cruisers are on Raw anyway.

Going from 3 hours to 2 hours won't solve all of raws issues but it's a start. Would allow for some more focused stuff week on week.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
21,164 Posts
Yes.

Its absolutely criminal to everyone's eyes that they continue to put on a 3 your show. It's far too long. Even if an Attitude Era Raw was 3 hours, it would have been too long.

Less is more in a wrestling environment.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
I remember when the 3 hr show was first announced and everyone and their mothers were excited because it meant more time on matches and wrestlers that didn't get tv time regularly could come on.

Instead same amount of crap content only stretched from 2 to 3 hours long.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

·
it's a tarp!
7,252 Posts
WWE could build to a 'Saturday Nights Main Event' style match-up once every show, with a 10-15 minute PPV level match, combined with video packages.

And then every RAW create a build for a new match that wraps up two weeks later.

·
Registered
14,228 Posts

For the time being I think they should make the first hour a "kids show" / un-official pre-show / pandering and self aggrandizing segment-wank-fest, that is non canon to the rest of the show. Then go to as close as they can get to Warzone and RAW is War for hours 2 and 3.

Creating Something like:
lol I love it. But knowing WWE it would look more like this...

8:15pm: Week in Review
8:55pm: Week in Review
9:15pm: Week in Review
9:45pm: Week in Review
10:30pm: Week in Review

With a bunch of clips of earlier segments sprinkled in ;)

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
WWE could build to a 'Saturday Nights Main Event' style match-up once every show, with a 10-15 minute PPV level match, combined with video packages.

And then every RAW create a build for a new match that wraps up two weeks later.
They could, but that would take, you know, some effort on their part.

There's no excuse really. Even with three hours, it's still one show a week they have to book. During the AE they used to book both Raw and Smackdown with the same roster and the results were great. We also have the example of the first brand split were both shows were more focused than ever.

·
it's a tarp!
7,252 Posts
There's no excuse really. Even with three hours, it's still one show a week they have to book. During the AE they used to book both Raw and Smackdown with the same roster and the results were great. We also have the example of the first brand split were both shows were more focused than ever.
I've never understood the logic of the brand switch making the shows better, both brands end up with half the wrestlers, and fewer stars.

The only logic is keeping opponents apart for a while, but you can just book that without a brand split.

Stupid brand split.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts