Wrestling Forum banner

should WWE have pushed Santana Garrett?

6K views 41 replies 25 participants last post by  stew mack 
#1 ·
she was never given a chance to develop a character. she use a mix of different moves from divas of the past like the Stratusphere, cartwheel elbow drop in the corner, standing moonsault and X-Factor. only thing I did not like how she sold Bianca Balair's face buster finisher.

would have liked to see her get involved with the Dexter Lumis love angle since she was his girlfriend in TNA it would have been cool. I would have rather seen her in NXT than the main roster.

how can you have women who look like Vanessa Borne or Santana Garrett and not have any plans for them?

See less See more
1 2
#7 ·
I'll be for real and say that she wasted years of year life jerking the curtain in the WWE. They never gave her a fair shot and she spend most of her time sporadically showing up and jobbing. She didn't even get an NXT run. That alone just goes to show how little they saw in her.
There's no doubt in my mind that if given a fair shot and a spot on the main roster, she'd be just as good as Carmella, Liv Morgan, Lacey Evans, etc.

#6 · (Edited)
I'll be for real and say that she wasted years of her life jerking the curtain in the WWE. They never gave her a fair shot and she spend most of her time sporadically showing up and jobbing. She didn't even get an NXT run. That alone just goes to show how little they saw in her.

#13 ·
The fact that no matter where she goes she never seems to get any opportunities to amount to anything is baffling. She's a talented worker, she's not elite level but she's still pretty damn good. And she's absurdly beautiful.

AEW stands as her last chance to make something of herself in American Pro Wrestling, but their Womens Division is still struggling to establish itself or mean anything.

A talented female Wrestler with a body like that, yet no one wants to push her, must be something going on there.

#17 ·
She's a good wrestler, has a great look, has the charisma to carry off any angle ...

Yeah, releasing her was a massive mistake. She WILL end up in a rival company, and she will absolutely be a start there - and make money for them.

At this point, I'm afraid I have to just kind of shrug my shoulders when more WWE releases are announced. I feel bad for the talent, but nothing surprises me any more. Once you stop thinking that there's any intelligence in the front office, and realize that they actually don't give a shit about using talented people, or making the TV shows entertaining, you just kinda let the idiocy that flows from the company wash over you lol

#19 ·
So, the first time that I saw Santana was long ago on Scott Halls youtube channel back when he was a mess in 2011. The early years of her career before she really did any thing in Impact. I have wanted to see her do well somewhere for a long time. To see her bounce from Impact to WWE to being released.. it sucks. WWE gave her no chance on the main roster.

To spend years trying to get hired by WWE, used as enhancement talent, finally get signed only to not be used on the main roster and then get released...That is unfortunate.

Like I have said, WWE is spoiled with the women that they have now that they let talent go.

#22 ·
She was a hot commodity a couple of years ago. She was the It Girl with a ton of buzz.
At one point she held something like 12 belts on the Indies simultaneously.
I was thrilled when she signed and saw her carrying the NXT belt within a year.
If handled right she could have been a big star.
The way WWE handled her doesn't surprise me at all. Just another name on the endless list of talent that WWE completely mishandled and destroyed.
Like Goldberg says, "Who's Next?"

#23 ·
to make matters worse, a bunch of idiot, triggered fans tried to "cancel" her during the week following her release because she was out at the beach and while recording, there were other boats that had "FUCK BIDEN" and "BLUE LIVES MATTER" flags and some fans didn't take kindly to this.

these so called fans are quick to start hating someone if they show any indication that they might be a Trump supporter.

#42 ·
to make matters worse, a bunch of idiot, triggered fans tried to "cancel" her during the week following her release because she was out at the beach and while recording, there were other boats that had "FUCK BIDEN" and "BLUE LIVES MATTER" flags and some fans didn't take kindly to this.

View attachment 102306
View attachment 102307

these so called fans are quick to start hating someone if they show any indication that they might be a Trump supporter.

"At least I am not a fascist"

#35 ·
Yes.

In the ring, she's a notch below elite level so that's really good. Zoey Stark who looks like Jon Moxley has already gotten more of a chance to develop than Santana did and that's insane. Off of her looks and ring work alone, she should've been given some opportunity to try and get a character on TV.

#39 ·
I understand both sides of the argument here. It is true that the average age for women in WWE is much older than it used to be. I remember when Layla being 35 made her feel ancient. But I can understand how Santana Garrett may seem like an "old 33" as opposed to someone like Eva Marie being a "young 37" or whatever. Garrett has been a well known name on the Indies for a long time.

Regardless of all that, I still think WWE dropped the ball with her. She could and should have been big time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.