Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
So, the first time that I saw Santana was long ago on Scott Halls youtube channel back when he was a mess in 2011. The early years of her career before she really did any thing in Impact. I have wanted to see her do well somewhere for a long time. To see her bounce from Impact to WWE to being released.. it sucks. WWE gave her no chance on the main roster.

To spend years trying to get hired by WWE, used as enhancement talent, finally get signed only to not be used on the main roster and then get released...That is unfortunate.

Like I have said, WWE is spoiled with the women that they have now that they let talent go.
They also didn’t give her a chance in NXT. She wrestled like what, a total of like 2-3 matches?Really sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,843 Posts
She was a hot commodity a couple of years ago. She was the It Girl with a ton of buzz.
At one point she held something like 12 belts on the Indies simultaneously.
I was thrilled when she signed and saw her carrying the NXT belt within a year.
If handled right she could have been a big star.
The way WWE handled her doesn't surprise me at all. Just another name on the endless list of talent that WWE completely mishandled and destroyed.
Like Goldberg says, "Who's Next?"

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
to make matters worse, a bunch of idiot, triggered fans tried to "cancel" her during the week following her release because she was out at the beach and while recording, there were other boats that had "FUCK BIDEN" and "BLUE LIVES MATTER" flags and some fans didn't take kindly to this.

these so called fans are quick to start hating someone if they show any indication that they might be a Trump supporter.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
To be fair. She's 33 years old. Been wrestling for 12 years, had over 500 matches in OVER 20 different wrestling organizations. She pretty much has had her "shot". There just must be something we as fans don't see that the professionals see.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
To be fair. She's 33 years old. Been wrestling for 12 years, had over 500 matches in OVER 20 different wrestling organizations. She pretty much has had her "shot". There just must be something we as fans don't see that the professionals see.
Dakota Kai is 33 as well.

Candice Larae is 35.

Taya Valkerie is 37.

Mercedes Martinez is 40.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Dakota Kai is 33 as well.

Candice Larae is 35.

Taya Valkerie is 37.

Mercedes Martinez is 40.
I knew someone would bring up the ages of other women wrestlers (even men). You missed the point though. I was (I thought) pretty clear and had a valid point. It's not the age(I just listed her age), it's the years in the business and career matches. She's a journeywoman. Which is fine, but let's call it what it is. Like I pointed out. She has had her shot in numerous of places.

Unfortunately you chose to focus on her age in my post.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I knew someone would bring up the ages of other women wrestlers (even men). You missed the point though. I was (I thought) pretty clear and had a valid point. It's not the age(I just listed her age), it's the years in the business and career matches. She's a journeywoman. Which is fine, but let's call it what it is. Like I pointed out. She has had her shot in numerous of places.

Unfortunately you chose to focus on her age in my post.
you brought up age, and I don't understand how having experience and being a "journeywoman" is considered a bad thing. Like, how is her path any different than Mercedes Martinez for example? by your logic, hasn't she already had her "shot" ?

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
you brought up age, and I don't understand how having experience and being a "journeywoman" is considered a bad thing. Like, how is her path any different than Mercedes Martinez for example? by your logic, hasn't she already had her "shot" ?
Again. You keep cutting out things I said. First, I never said being a "journeywoman" is considered a bad thing. Mercedes is a better wrestler. Which will be subjective for you and me obviously. I'm saying the "professionals". The business, must see things we don't see. And when we say "shot". It doesn't mean a Becky Lynch Raw title "shot". Or a NXT title run. What creative took away from her matches, skill wise. There must just be something not there.

Example. Chelsea Green. Was pretty decent in NXT. She got injured on her first main roster match. Healed, then was let go before she could show her stuff to the RAW/SD audience. Now you may have something there to question.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Again. You keep cutting out things I said. First, I never said being a "journeywoman" is considered a bad thing. Mercedes is a better wrestler. Which will be subjective for you and me obviously. I'm saying the "professionals". The business, must see things we don't see. And when we say "shot". It doesn't mean a Becky Lynch Raw title "shot". Or a NXT title run. What creative took away from her matches, skill wise. There must just be something not there.

Example. Chelsea Green. Was pretty decent in NXT. She got injured on her first main roster match. Healed, then was let go before she could show her stuff to the RAW/SD audience. Now you may have something there to question.
you basically said a lot without saying anything worthwhile.

·
Premium Member
No one is ready for Konami
3,306 Posts
Of course they should have. She's a amazing talent who didn't really get a chance at all, but it's too late for that now.. I'm a big fan of Santana, so selfishly i'd like to see her work elsewhere anyway.. like Stardom or AEW.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,549 Posts
Yes.

In the ring, she's a notch below elite level so that's really good. Zoey Stark who looks like Jon Moxley has already gotten more of a chance to develop than Santana did and that's insane. Off of her looks and ring work alone, she should've been given some opportunity to try and get a character on TV.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
17,196 Posts
Can she do anything other than being pretty? The WWE is full of attractive women, so if she has nothing else to offer, I can see why WWE wouldn't push her or Vanessa Bourne.
She has more things to offer other than just being pretty. I have followed her career before WWE, before Impact and after Impact. Santana is pretty solid in the ring and knows how to play characters which is her biggest strengths.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I understand both sides of the argument here. It is true that the average age for women in WWE is much older than it used to be. I remember when Layla being 35 made her feel ancient. But I can understand how Santana Garrett may seem like an "old 33" as opposed to someone like Eva Marie being a "young 37" or whatever. Garrett has been a well known name on the Indies for a long time.

Regardless of all that, I still think WWE dropped the ball with her. She could and should have been big time.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yeah, she was a credible name coming in and it's very puzzling that she never even made it to the main roster. She's also pretty damn hot so that helps too. One of the bigger head scratchers in recent memory if you ask me.
1. Drugs (PED or recreational_)

2. She pissed Vince off

3. She pissed Cena off

could be a lot of things but those are my three guesses

21 - 40 of 42 Posts