• no

Votes: 26 57.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wwe is currently pretty bad right now iv'e been thinking what if it had an off season?
It seems some people here like wwe a little more once they started taking a break from it.

on the business side of things it would also have wrestlers get a vacation. also it might draw ratings when the new season starts.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
It's not even a remotely good idea. All it would do is cost the WWE money with no actual pay off. Ratings would not go up. If anything, they'd go down.

I do think that wrestlers should get more time off (especially the guys who are used on nearly every show), but it shouldn't be all that difficult to give a guy a week or two (or longer) off during the course of a year. Despite what the WWE wants to believe, the ratings would not drop through the floor if John Cena missed a few shows. People would still attend the house shows.

·
Registered
662 Posts
No. However I think after theyve earned their stripes, each wrestler should have a month off a year. Have it spaced out so that it doesnt hurt the company.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
I think so. Just because it would be interesting and fresh when it comes back on. Maybe they could sign new wrestlers and would also get more time to think of new storylines.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
No. What I've said for a while is that the rosters need to mix and merge and multiple stables need to be formed. That way, WWE isn't reliant on the same talent week after week, it gives talent time to rest if they need it, and they can go in and out of storylines without the audience getting lost. That solves the problem of shows going through some slow weeeks.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
no .. have less house shows a year so wrestlers can spend time with their families , and as Mike' says have each wrestler a month or two off every year

·
Banned
1,502 Posts
It would probably be the best if you consider their health, taking bumps multiple days of every week isn't good for you.

But it'd be a stupid decision business wise, WWE is a weekly form of entertainment leading up to PPV's they're one of a kind and unique in their own way and that's why we're all drawn to it.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Should they just give up on their shitty summer season and return for Survivior Series? Yes.
Will that ever happen in our entire lives? Hell no!

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
You come in WWE you better be physically and more importantly mentally ready to take on a very grinding schedule. Don't pull a Brock Lesnar and go loony like you had no clue Wrestlers have intense schedules. I do agree that the top guys in the company should get less house show bookings and a few extra vacations and stuff like that but there's no way in hell they can have an "offseason". This isn't the NBA or NFL, It just doesn't work that way and it would hit them hard negatively business wise.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,967 Posts
They could have a couple of months' break, after whatever the equivalent of Backlash is nowadays. Then come back with a big draft special.

No reason why you couldn't show classics and so on, during that time. You could even run your Tough Enough/NXT-type show for that two month period and give the main rosters a break.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Simply NO

What they should do is have feuds that are original and build wrestlers so people care about watching them.

I recently watch the royal rumble from 2000 the list of entrants are:

1.D-Lo Brown 2.Grand Master Sexay 3.Mosh 4.Christian 5.Rikishi 6.Scotty Too Hotty 7.Steve Blackman 8.Viscera 9.Big Boss Man 10.Test 11.British Bulldog 12.Gangrel 13.Edge 14.Bob Backlund 15.Chris Jericho 16.Crash Holly 17.Chyna 18.Faarooq 19.Road Dogg 20.Al Snow 21.Val Venis 22.Prince Albert 23.Hardcore Holly 24.The Rock 25.Billy Gunn 26.Big Show 27.JBL 28.Kane 29.The Godfather 30.X-Pac

I have put those wrestlers who were lower/mid card that you still wanted to watch in BOLD and it doesnt include Hardy Boy, Dudley boyz, Kurt Angle, HHH, Foley, who were on the card and not even mentioned Austin. (EDIT: I didnt bold those who were established Main event level.)
Now compare that to 2011 royal rumble???? or the roster as a whole now??
The point is: WWE needs to just not be the same old shit all the time. It needs to take a step back and invest time in its future. Raise stars across all levels of the card. With this and creative writing no off season would be needed.

I have spoken

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
No. If they did though, it should be the fall - the period between SummerSlam and Survivor Series. That time of the year is usually bland, boring, and aimless.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,581 Posts
It's not even a remotely good idea. All it would do is cost the WWE money with no actual pay off. Ratings would not go up. If anything, they'd go down.

I do think that wrestlers should get more time off (especially the guys who are used on nearly every show), but it shouldn't be all that difficult to give a guy a week or two (or longer) off during the course of a year. Despite what the WWE wants to believe, the ratings would not drop through the floor if John Cena missed a few shows. People would still attend the house shows.
I don't think he believes that, but a lot of people, kids particularly, pay to come and see Cena and they would be very disappointed if he wasn't there the week RAW came into their city.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts