Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With superheros being the craze right now in movies and tv. You have a great show with Arrow and the upcoming THE FLASH. Wouldn't it be cool if the wwe had another superhero gimmick again. I mean nothing corny like Molly Holly and hurricane helms.

Maybe we could get something similar to black canary. :yum:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Explain how they would do it and not have it be corny. You can't just say "this person is a superhero, trust us," you'd need to sell it somehow with backstage segments and video packages and whatnot. How are they going to do that, only not corny?

·
Likes wrestling....
8,057 Posts
Depends on what you mean?

I believe the WWE is missing a golden opportunity to book a heavyweight with an old school mask. He could start as a heel whatever.

I personally am sick of masked wrestlers, and I mean traditional mask (not Kane or Mankind) being tied to Lucha Libre when the US used masked guys long before.

The merch op would be great if they would simply book a heel masked wrestler, make him strong and then turn him face like a superhero. Think of it as a heavyweight Rey.

Kids and adults would like the guy if they played their cards right. Mr Wrestling 2 was wrestlings most popular wrestler for a couple of years because people like superheroes.

·
Oh, What a Day! What A Lovely Day!
3,568 Posts
Meh, The Hurricane was a nice character at the beginning then it became annoying. Like TJQ said, they should avoid idiotic shit like that.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
But since the WWE can't used Marvel & DC because of Warner Bros & Disney , Here one WWE could work with AC Comics bring one of the Femforce girl to life

·
Ελευθερί&#
4,170 Posts
I think superhero gimmicks should stay out of wrestling. It just comes off as too silly, even for wrestling.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Crow Sting is the only character that is a complete fabrication, that can still get over and be successfully marketably.

And its because, its a one off character that works.

You could never have a full outfit, full face painted, "hero/saviour" achieve those heights. It was just one of the best creative moves in wrestling history.

Attitude Era killed that type of gimmick essentially. In a good way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think superhero gimmicks should stay out of wrestling. It just comes off as too silly, even for wrestling.
Yeah, that sort of stupid stuff belongs in the New Generation Era, personally or the 80's. Helms was an exception but they made it work... sort of... No more superhero gimmicks, though. :D:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
The only "superhero" gimmicks I could see working would be something along the lines of Batman or The Punisher. A hero (or antihero) or doesn't actually have any superpowers expect their wits and strentgh (and maybe a few customized weapons and cars). Maybe a vigilante character who comes to the WWE vowing clean up corruption in the WWE by targeting The Authority and other heels who cheat, but isn't afraid to also bend the rules when they need to.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
HBO did a documentary on "real life superheroes". A heel character that's a parody of that could be a fun jobber when. A guy who sticks his nose where it doesn't belong, and gets the shit kicked out of em for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The only "superhero" gimmicks I could see working would be something along the lines of Batman or The Punisher. A hero (or antihero) or doesn't actually have any superpowers expect their wits and strentgh (and maybe a few customized weapons and cars). Maybe a vigilante character who comes to the WWE vowing clean up corruption in the WWE by targeting The Authority and other heels who cheat, but isn't afraid to also bend the rules when they need to.
What about a major swerve? The superhero comes saying he's going to vanquish all the hatred from the WWE, but then does the complete opposite and turns on EVERYONE and tries to dethrone The Authority. He'll seem like the nicest guy in the world and will be a babyface for several months, but one day he turns heel and declares he's invading the WWE. A one-man invasion. Not to mention he'll form a stable of defective minions who are like the super muscle of WWE: Ryback, Lesnar, Kane etc And just completely annihilate the company for months until a new star debuts (Sami Zayn as El Generico) and defeats him, liberating WWE from the evil menace. lol

Or Brock turns face and turns on the evil guy 'cos he's tired of being ordered around like a pawn, but then turns heel again in good fashion.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts