Wrestling Forum banner

Should WWE get rid of NXT?

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Mebrind 
#1 ·
Should WWE get rid of NXT because it ruins when a person debuts? I think people would make more a impact if they debuted on Raw or Smackdown not on a show like NXT.

#2 ·
How is NXT ruining when a superstar debuts on Raw or SD? If anything it's helping them because it's an hour show that puts the focus on them, rather then the 5 or 10 minutes they would be on Raw or Smackdown. By the time they go to Raw or Sd they are already known by most of the general audience.

#9 ·
The fact that most of FCW guys are still green as fuck i don't think it would be wise to debut them straight in the main brands. Alberto Del Rio is clearly an exception because he actually has a lot of wrestling experience prior coming to WWE, the guy is ready. NXT will help these "rookies" tremendously because the show give them the experience of performing in front of thousands of people and also NXT provides a place and time for rookies to develop their characters so that audience know who they are. Just look at Tyler Reks, he just redebuted not too long ago and where is he now? He's stuck in obscurity because he doesn't get much air time to showcase his character, people still don't know who he is, if he had debuted on NXT it's highly possible that he would have received much better reception from the crowds right now because people would have already known who he is and there would have been a reason why we should care about the guy. So all in all i don't think NXT is a bad idea at all, it needs some change though, they really need to get rid of the ridiculous challenges because they're absolutely pointless. I'd rather see those challenges to get replaced with more wrestling matches and promos.

Reactions: Xist2inspire
#8 ·
After tuning back in for the season finale, yes. What a terrible program, there is zero effort going into this show. Add in the fact that the crowd is absolutely dead because roughly 1% of the "WWE Universe" will actually watch the show on the net and get to know any of the rookies, and you have a total waste of time.

The fact that Seth Rollins is not being put on NXT4 shows that WWE doesn't consider it a serious launching ground anymore. They'd rather hold their top prospects out and debut them directly onto Raw/SD.

#11 ·
I don't think they should, NXT replaced ECW for a reason. ECW was just a developmental brand before guys got sent to SD or Raw, so NXT is being used as a vehicle for FCW guys to get used to working in front of massive crowds and on tv etc, so when they do get called up they have some experience with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.