• 4 hours, 5 is too damn long.

Votes: 24 49.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
I am Jack's broken heart
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know 5 hours is a damn long time, almost 1/5th of the day, but hey, it's WrestleMania.

This year, I just felt everything at WrestleMania felt really rushed. The promo's, the entrances, the backstage skits, and especially the matches. The WHC match was only 11 Minutes long, AND the WWE Championship match was only 15 minutes long!

Especially with next year, it's going to be a fucking stacked up card with Cena/Rocky, the WWE Title Match, the WHC Match, and Taker's match along with a couple grudge matches. Can they really manage the promo's, the intro's, the entrances, the backstage skits all in 4 hours WHILE giving each matches enough time?

I know little things like entrances, pyro, intro's etc might take only a couple minutes at most, but really, they all add up in the end.

So, do you think WrestleMania 28 should be 5 hours instead of 4?

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
It wouldn't hurt. Or leave out the stupid shit, and actually let people like Morrison / Ziggler have 15 minutes in the ring to ENTERTAIN. Last year was a joke.

·
I am Jack's broken heart
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It wouldn't hurt. Or leave out the stupid shit, and actually let people like Morrison / Ziggler have 15 minutes in the ring to ENTERTAIN. Last year was a joke.
Shit. I totally forgot about the Snooki match and the Corre vs. Big Show match up. Each were only about 2 minutes long fpalm

·
SAL
2,203 Posts
Five hours would mean they'd probably charge something like $100 for it, you can't forget that. And where would that extra time go? More celebrities, more promos, and the main event matches might get more time. You can forget about WWE ever really committing to the midcard at Wrestlemania. There's never been a WM where every deserving guy got the time he needed to put on a good show. Midcard matches will always be cut short so they don't overshadow the matches WWE wants you to care about.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Give us meaningful long matches to give the midcarders more exposure. This is the chance to make people look good because everyone is watching. You've got Rock/Cena, two title matches, Taker/??? perhaps and hopefully a stacked midcard. This can also lead to promo or two and some more backstage segments. I wanna see WM 28 feel more like a classic Mania like 17. Have some gimmick matches, some fun stuff and just make it an all around good show and try and get most of the guys on the show. 5 hours would be wonderful because every match would get good time.

·
I am Jack's broken heart
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Five hours would mean they'd probably charge something like $100 for it, you can't forget that. And where would that extra time go? More celebrities, more promos, and the main event matches might get more time. You can forget about WWE ever really committing to the midcard at Wrestlemania. There's never been a WM where every deserving guy got the time he needed to put on a good show. Midcard matches will always be cut short so they don't overshadow the matches WWE wants you to care about.
Wasn't WrestleMania 20 5 hours? I didn't watch it live, but I was watching some old Youtube vids yesterday, and it said that the start time for Mania was an hour earlier or so.

Maybe I'm wrong, but if someone knows...

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I was close to falling asleep during WM 24 and this years WM.
I fall asleep during the original showing of WM 20 and immediate encore.

I agree with all this.

Time also needs to go to video packages, entrances, backstage segments & the introduction of the newest HOF inductees.

The midcard matches are at the better of the list.

·
Banned
611 Posts
I agree with all this.

Time also needs to go to video packages, entrances, backstage segment & the introduction of the newest HOF inductees.
As well as an epic staredown between The Rock and Pee-Wee Herman.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts