Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Devil's Blood
3,376 Posts
I care subjectively on who it is and how they are. Their abilities in the ring and the personality in real life determine whether or not I care. I spit vitriol on some of the worst fuckers this company has ever employed, past or present. I legitimately like or tolerate most out of the ring. I don't let kayfabe or characters ruin my opinions on TV.

Alexa Bliss is the only superstar out of the ring I keep up with and read on. She's genuine and a top notch person. I do follow and read about others but for actually caring about their lives to keep up with news and social media shit it's not there. Least not to extent there is with Lexi Kaufman.

The only exceptions I have are Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior. These two outside of the ring are and were human garbage. I abhor them on TV and off TV, that's how astoundingly awful their personalities and morals are/were. I try to not watch their matches or on screen personalities as extensions of themselves but sometimes it spills over. However, even assholes should be allowed a livelihood.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Nah, I truly don’t pay any mind to what they do in real life.

Same as I don’t care about movie actors and their personal lives, or musicians, or athletes.

If you’re good at your job, and entertain me in whatever field that may be, then I’ll watch/listen to what you do because I like it.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
No, because what they do outside of wrestling is irrelevant to what they do in wrestling.

I don't give a shit if someone is a horrible person when they aren't on my TV. If the issues are egregious enough then the outside world will take care of it if not why should it be an issue to me when they are on my TV. I can have zero respect for someone as a person and still enjoy them as a performer.

·
This is my show now
1,358 Posts
Most of my favorite wrestlers in the past have been massive douchebags (HBK, Austin) in their personal lives that as a child it would ruin wrestling for me if social media was a thing in the late 90s. Since getting back into it, I follow Becky and Rollins on social media and that's about it.

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts
Case by case for me,like if I found out someone cheated on their wife, while not a great thing to do, won't make me not feel any different about watching or reading theievstuff. But if someone was a undeniable pedophile or other things of that nature than it taints whatever they did.

·
Future Hall of Famer
2,341 Posts
Unless they're scumbags like Hogan or New Jack, or have done something truly awful like Benoit or Snuka, I don't really care.
Case by case for me,like if I found out someone cheated on their wife, while not a great thing to do, won't make me not feel any different about watching or reading theievstuff. But if someone was a undeniable pedophile or other things of that nature than it taints whatever they did.
Pretty much how I think.

·
Attending Chris Jericho's Rager with Scott Steiner
6,418 Posts
There is no such thing as should care. Either you do or you don't and your support will reflect that.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
It is up to you as a person and as a fan. If you're offended by something that is your right and your choice to stop being a fan.

Me personally, unless its a serious thing I don't worry about what wrestlers or celebrities do or say. With the examples you gave, Hogan has always been an asshole in my eyes, does that mean I stop watching his segments or endlessly talk about how much I cant stand him?? No. Ive never been a huge fan anyway.
Free speech is becoming a thing of the past, it really is, if you have opinions I don't agree with that is your right. I'm not the deciding factor or the jury who decides who deserves what for having an opinion. It is up to you whether you agree with something or not.

This endless finger pointing and boycotting is ridiculous as far as I'm concerned but as a human being, it is your right. I'm not going to flip the switch and hate a person because I don't agree with something they said.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
We're supposed to judge people by who they really are and if someone turns out to be an asshole then let it be declared far and wide

pro wrestling gets a bad rep as it is, no need to be dragged down even further

you may not feel important enough to judge but you still can, especially if its the truth, you have rights, use them

·
Banned
139 Posts
I say yes to a degree. I'm not going to support you if you're a racist, pedo, or anything to that extreme nature. In those cases, the person shouldn't be separated from the character because at the end of the day the person is profiting off of the character from the support of the fans. If the person has claimed to change I'd give them a chance to prove it. Now if it's just a political views or bad habit like being an asshole then I believe that we should separate them each other. For example, Hogan has come out and said he is racist. I'm no longer supporting him because of his backward ideology. Hogan doesn't believe blacks(maybe other races) should interracially marry. So he thinks we're inferior and maybe has a lot of other backward ideology too. Why would I want to throw my support behind him? Randy Orton has been called an asshole a lot but his fellow peers. I tend to not like assholes but to my knowledge, he is still a decent human. He has a good character when he is heel, I'd still throw my support behind him
A racist comes before pedo in your eyes? I really can't stand you liberals.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,615 Posts
I've never really cared about them outside of the show. And it's a little creepy when fans obsess over their personal life.

·
Banned
139 Posts
A racist comes before pedo in your eyes? I really can't stand you liberals.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic but if you aren't the list isn't in order of importance hence why I said anything of that extreme nature.
No I'm not being sarcastic. I don't care or it wasn't supposed to be in order. The fact racist then pedo came out your mouth means you're a proper lefty Liberal. Its the same as what you think crime, murder, rape, pedo etc. Not racist, pedo it makes fuck all sense saying that you think a nasty name is before being a kiddy fiddler. Shame on you.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Certain attitudes and actions are considered socially unacceptable. I'll always have the same opinion: you have a reasonably good job. You should be more careful what you say/do.
I don't particularly care what people say or do. If it bothers me to the point I skip over their segments then I care too much.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Kayfabe is dead and everything is so meta these days. It seems like the only true heels (people that we genuinely don't want to see succeed) are people we dislike for real life reasons. Like nia jax. Or that nazi chic they got fired who was bangin seth rollins

·
Registered
904 Posts
No I'm not being sarcastic. I don't care or it wasn't supposed to be in order. The fact racist then pedo came out your mouth means you're a proper lefty Liberal. Its the same as what you think crime, murder, rape, pedo etc. Not racist, pedo it makes fuck all sense saying that you think a nasty name is before being a kiddy fiddler. Shame on you.
GEEZ...bit of a jump reaction to that. Feel like you should come on in to the anything thread and liven that up, you and a few guys in there could have some great debates.

I really dont care what they do in their real lives. As long as its not illegal or morally objectionable (according to me) then live your life, post whatever you want. I do wish there was a bit more kayfabe or trash talking between people in feuds. Becky is doing well with it even if I think she is doing too much right now but good for her.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts