Wrestling Forum banner

Should Velveteen Dream dethrone Adam Cole?

• Yes. He’s the best option at the moment

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No ( Explain why )

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMO he’s the total package. Dream as champ would get more people invested in NXT and would make the overall main event scene much more interesting. His best matches all involve storytelling, which is what NXT NEEDS!

What’s your opinion on this? Should Velveteen Dream be the one to dethrone Adam Cole?

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Yes. He's more than ready. He's been gold every time he's been given the chance. Additionally, Cole's reign has gotten long in the tooth. There's really nobody else to take it off him right now and I'm beyond sick of his no-selling matches that last 10 minutes longer than they should.

After this week, it seems that we are indeed on the road to Dream vs. Cole in Tampa. I had Cole dropping it there anyway, but Dream is the logical and best choice.

·
WWE plant
3,710 Posts
It's obviously gonna be Balor, which is the right choice eventhough I dislike pretty much everything about him

After Ciampa is done having another MOTY with Gargano he gets to wreck Finn and the belt will finally be back where it belongs

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
He hasn't done anything in nxt for months so no.

Guys like Keith Lee, Balor, Ciampa, Riddle have been busting their asses on TV during his absence and deserve it more right now.

Injury sucks but this is pro wrestling. If he was a huge draw then obviously it's a different question. 6 months from now he might be the guy that deserves it more

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He hasn't done anything in nxt for months so no.

Guys like Keith Lee, Balor, Ciampa, Riddle have been busting their asses on TV during his absence and deserve it more right now.

Injury sucks but this is pro wrestling. If he was a huge draw then obviously it's a different question. 6 months from now he might be the guy that deserves it more
Keith is currently the North American champion, Ciampa is feuding with Gargano and Riddle is the tag team champion with Pete. At the moment all three of them are busy. Balor is the only possible option. I doubt that a heel vs heel match up is going to happen at the next takeover. At best they might do a triple threat match between dream, Cole and Balor.

·
Registered
685 Posts
The triple threat idea for Dream, Cole, and Balor could be pretty good actually, I know people always rag on triple threats but maybe it'd control the number of Cole kickouts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
It's likely that he will never be NXT champion, he is main roster material, he has charisma, he has the look, he can talk, he has the main eventer height, and mainly HE IS A WWE PC PRODUCT.

NXT title reigns are for the guys like Ciampa, Gargano, Zayn, Roode those that the company knows that they can't just debut on the main roster and cause an immediate impact.

That's why he was signed before he was 20 years old, the company saw money in him, he has IT.... you can learn how to wrestler, you can become a decent mic worker but you can never learn is how to get IT.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Clearly... Dream is pretty much the embodiment of what NXT is supposed to be. NXT should be his brand and the NXT title should be synonymous with Dream. By the time Dream is done with NXT i think he should be a 3x champ with a pretty grand send off before he goes to the main roster.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,490 Posts
No, because he should be the WWE champion.

Dream is the last chance at charisma, character work and mic skills returning to the main roster.

NXT is just a glorified indy workrate promotion now, he’s wasted there.
I've been saying this for months about Dream, Keith Lee and Angel Garza, they don't belong on the Indy workrate show where people don't appreciate their charisma and personality.

Clearly... Dream is pretty much the embodiment of what NXT is supposed to be. NXT should be his brand and the NXT title should be synonymous with Dream. By the time Dream is done with NXT i think he should be a 3x champ with a pretty grand send off before he goes to the main roster.
How is Dream the embodiment of NXT? He's not 5'8" 160lbs, he didn't spend a lot of time on the indies, he has charisma and he can talk; he's literally the antithesis of NXT.

·
The EST of NXT
28,514 Posts
I've been saying this for months about Dream, Keith Lee and Angel Garza, they don't belong on the Indy workrate show where people don't appreciate their charisma and personality.
Uhh, Dream and Lee are super over on social media dude, lol. They're not underappreciated in the slightest. I came in here expecting you to say Lee over Dream though.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Hes
How is Dream the embodiment of NXT? He's not 5'8" 160lbs, he didn't spend a lot of time on the indies, he has charisma and he can talk; he's literally the antithesis of NXT.
Dream is the embodiment of what NXT is supposed to be... A place that gives rise to new stars. For the most part Dream is completely a performance center creation. Dont let these already made indy guys fool you... Dream is the model for what NXT is supposed to be

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,490 Posts
Hes

Dream is the embodiment of what NXT is supposed to be... A place that gives rise to new stars. For the most part Dream is completely a performance center creation. Dont let these already made indy guys fool you... Dream is the model for what NXT is supposed to be
I look at NXT and the PC as separate entities, Dream does embody the PC's mission statement but NXT has no use for homegrown stars.

·
IRAN #1
2,310 Posts
He will probably be the one to dethrone Adam Cole, I just wish he would stop harassing families as a top babyface. I hate this new direction for his character.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
1,751 Posts
No as keith lee should, I understand why ppl like him tho , guy has everything u need as top performer in wwe , I can see him getting called up to main roster after mania

Peace.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts