Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
If he does it outside the WWE umbrella then he has a HUGE uphill battle as wifey and Father-in-Law would be upset.

On the flipside, I believe if WWE purchased it, Hunter should 100% be in charge. It can be a "Tier 1" like Smokey Mountain, OVW and FCW were. Then NXT can be Tier 2 followed by the Main Roster.

HHH, with his success in NXT (pre-AEW) would flourish by welcoming in the PC grads and grooming them to be the next stars. Also, he wouldn't have that pressure of having to produce on Prime Time TV which unfortunately became his undoing when they were expected to beat the upstart AEW.

·
Registered
14,131 Posts
I can't see it happening.

Reactions: jpickens

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
No, I could see Triple H being interested in NWA being an old school wrestling fan himself. If not, he'll create his own promotion.
I don't think he will. I think he'll settle into a role in WWE where he'll make good money(never risk his own). Starting a wrestling promotion isn't easy especially one of more than modest scale. Where is is going to find distribution? Is it going to be a traditional independent promotion or is it going to be a company that signs wrestlers to contracts? How is he going to pay talent, crew, venues, and general infrastructure? Is he even interested in spending copious amounts of his own money to do ANY of these things? Billionaire's aren't exactly lining up to finance vanity wrestling projects.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I don't think he will. I think he'll settle into a role in WWE where he'll make good money(never risk his own). Starting a wrestling promotion isn't easy especially one of more than modest scale. Where is is going to find distribution? Is it going to be a traditional independent promotion or is it going to be a company that signs wrestlers to contracts? How is he going to pay talent, crew, venues, and general infrastructure? Is he even interested in spending copious amounts of his own money to do ANY of these things? Billionaire's aren't exactly lining up to finance vanity wrestling projects.
Sorry, just to elaborate. I don't think he is staying in WWE for too long. I think Vince has lost faith in him and he will most likely sell the company before he goes. I can see Triple H getting a role there but they will eventually drive him out.
Triple H lives wrestling so that's a why I think he'll create his own promotion, even if it's a small one.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Sorry, just to elaborate. I don't think he is staying in WWE for too long. I think Vince has lost faith in him and he will most likely sell the company before he goes. I can see Triple H getting a role there but they will eventually drive him out.
Triple H lives wrestling so that's a why I think he'll create his own promotion, even if it's a small one.
Predicting anything in this regard is a crapshoot.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
And change his name to Dilbert Principle and then bring in his wife known as Patricia Principle. In case anyone is wondering, I referencing a variant of Peter principle. Pretty much, HHH somehow leaving WWE and somehow finding funds to buy ROH is something a severely incompetent person would do in such a situation.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts